Suggestions needed, Dog Poop - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

An update if anyone cares.

Chore still started slipping after the newness of having a car wore off. Arguments/discussions about how much the car was being used vs. the quality of the job being done and the timeliness of the job being done, complaints that she couldn't just waste the gas doing anywhere she wanted, etc. started becoming less and less worth the dog poop chore to me.

I took over the backyard duties and told her I decided we should do it her way, she will just pay me for gas. She had gotten a "real job" doing fast food so now has income. She said, warily...ok how much? I told her $20 each check. "$20 each check??" she exclaimed, getting paid twice a month and already stretching between paychecks for her fun-times. Yup. I told her the original agreement was $10 a week for the cleanup, times 4 weeks a month, she only gets paid every other week.

Silence.

Grin.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I was doing doggy duty there was not a option, it was to be done period. I did it everyday after school, it made it so much easier to clean than once a week. If I wanted to have the pets, then I had to clean up after them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
    When I was doing doggy duty there was not a option, it was to be done period. I did it everyday after school, it made it so much easier to clean than once a week. If I wanted to have the pets, then I had to clean up after them.
    Perhaps you missed my earlier post:
    They're my mutts, the consequences of anyone complaining, flies, smell, is on my head (and in my yard) so I'm done offering this to her. I thought it would be an easy way to get a hated chore done with her having the opportunity to make some money on the side.
    She doesn't want them, it was just a way for her to earn money because she wanted money and I didn't like the chore.

This should be solved now, I'm doing it daily myself and she will pay me for gas. I believe she will not like using her "own" money to pay for gas but toooo bad I am done.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did miss the earlier post, I'm sorry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had the same problem... but since has been resolved.... but I have a suggestion that worked wonders for me... If you have the right tools the job is much easier... I bought the one handed pooper scooper.... broke in 2 days.... tried shovel yuck that makes a mess.... so I was wondering through the tractor supply one day and saw in there dogie isle the long handle dust pan and a small long handle rake... A light bulb went off.... they wanted $20.00 for the plastic version.... which will break... so I went on a quest and found a long handle metal rake that was only 4 inches wide and found a heavy duty long handle dust pan all for $10.00 and let me tell you it works so slick... no poop lelf behind in the grass and so much easier... have had it for 1 year now...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You are SO RIGHT. I was fighting with our scooper the other day, the little stick was spinning as I used it. So annoying. Suddenly I noticed a previously purchased dog scoop, also broken. I took 1 piece from each of those scoopers and now have a working set. My teen always used her hand in a plastic bag but that grosses me out.

I tried a "grabber" one as well, I felt like I was touching more poop trying to slide the bag on the one side of it. (it was part-rake, part scoop) All in all, just not the best part of owning a dog.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

it's SO fun getting teens to do chores, isn't it? I'm going through the same problem with my 17 yr old son...who's job it is to empty the kitty litter.

The older I get...the meaner I get. It's non-negotiable. It needs done..and if I have to 'tell' you to do it...it better be done right then...not 'in a few'.

It's all part of living in the house. EVERYONE has to help.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have three dogs. Hubby bought a tip for the hose. Once a day I blast the poop to smithereens!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by savvy_sniper View Post
    We have three dogs. Hubby bought a tip for the hose. Once a day I blast the poop to smithereens!
    Oh REALLY?? I never thought of that! I have a strong-stream nozzle. It'd work during most of the year for me! (we get occasional harsh winters) Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123