Thought on Ex moving in as a tenant... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mndtrp View Post
    Not a chance. How much maintenance can your home possibly need that is worth a year's rent?
    Bingo. Thats a years worth of rent AND the unspoken extras that will accompany and arise.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I guess I'm the weird one. I would consider it. BUT I don't know anything about the man or your previous marriage. "Toxic" can mean a lot of things.

My only concern would be your son, as other people have already mentioned.

Also, I certainly wouldn't let him stay for free. As part of his newfound "financial responsibility", I would require him to pay SOMETHING.

ETA: I would also go on a month-by-month basis. I definitely wouldn't say, "Okay, you passed the one-month 'trial', so now you're free to stay here for a year," kwim? I would tell him that if, for any reason, you start to feel uncomfortable or it just isn't working out, you will give him 2 weeks notice that he needs to find a new place.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Three thoughts:

1) No
    2) Hell No
    3) OH MY ****ING GOD WHAT THE **** ARE YOU THINKING??? NO!!!!

Hope that wasn't unclear...

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Honestly guys I DO NOT HAVE A GLASS JAW!
    Nothing any of you has typed has offended me at all…this is something that was presented to me and I wanted a bit of “stranger” feedback since I’m well aware of what friends and family would think ha! Seriously though people who would be actually be offended by the comments in this particular thread so shouldn’t be asking strangers for opinions in the first place LOLOLOL!
    So moving on…
    LOL the house itself needs no actual "repairs" since it's a brand new home (just built, bought & moved to a year ago)...he was referring to things like gardening, lawn maintenance, snow removal for my 3 car driveway (I live in an area with serious winters no little fluff snowfalls), minor fix-its etc… Also, he would NOT have been supplied food since the deal would be for a “room” not room & board. As for women there is one he’s seeing regularly and has been for a bit (DS#2 doesn’t know her) no biggie…there was never an option of guests here period whether overnight or otherwise (same goes for my other tenant). I do not allow this sort of “traffic” around DS EVER.
    I’m in agreement that this is not a good idea for my particular situation…I’m very set in how I want things done in my house and frankly I have little tolerance for anything these days so we would eventually have words.
    Thanks for everyone’s opinions on this though…hell ya the fact that I even thought about it…moment of pity is all I can say.

PS
    I'll be refiling with the courts/ Family Responsibility Office for my cs now that he's really showing I'm not getting any cash anytime soon!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was going to reply Very. Bad. Idea. for many of the reasons others listed above. I am glad you have rethought it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by momof2boys2005 View Post
    Thanks for everyone’s opinions on this though…hell ya the fact that I even thought about it…moment of pity is all I can say.
    No shame in that - it shows that you still wish that your ex husband was a different man than he turned out to be.

Just don't let what you wish were true cloud your awareness of what is really true.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by momof2boys2005 View Post
    Honestly guys I DO NOT HAVE A GLASS JAW!
    I like this!
    ~Russ

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You have to do what is best for your son and yourself. I wish you the best of luck with your future whatever you decide.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123