New Single Mother really in need of SAHM Job
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default New Single Mother really in need of SAHM Job

Hi there everyone,

Thanks in advance for your time and help. I really appreciate all of it. I followed a path in which some of my decisions could have been made very differently. However, when it comes to matters of the heart and a series of incredibly dark depressions, you're bound to make really poor choices and lack in the ability to be able to listen to yourself and follow the right path. I have absolutely no regret over my baby boy. He's brought me incredible, indescribable joy and in spite of a very difficult relationship with the father, I truly believe this boy is the sole reason I have been through so much for so long. At the end, it's all paid off. Now...moving forward, I have no degree (was not able to finish school due to deaths in family and my own health issues at the time) and a sketchy resume with long gaps in length of time. What I would like to do more than anything right now is finish school. It will be incredibly difficult for me to be able to focus on school being with the father. Since I want to go back, I desperately need an at home job where I will be able to sustain both my son and I. I will be getting a little bit of help from my sister, however I'm going to need a job where I'm making steady and decent income. I know there are plenty of websites, many of which are completely unreliable. As for pyramid jobs, I know how difficult that can be. I'm not much of a salesperson unless it's a product that's changed my life personally for the better. Then maybe I can succeed. Any single mothers out there that works or has worked from home with a reliable company making good money...I'm ALL EARS!!! Please!! I really need some help. I can't go to school, to a job and be able to raise my son. I want to see him! I want to spend as much time as I possibly can. This is such a major transition for me. He is only 12 months old. I thought I was with someone that really loved me and may but has turned out so troubled as a person he makes the relationship impossible. I had all intentions of going back to studying and eventually getting a career. I've been ready to start part time school and work at a job where I can work for 1 or 2 days out of the week (through a friend that was willing to help with that) to help out. But, of course that would still be living with the father. Now, since I'll be on my own, I can't do that. My son will obviously be in daycare that will be paid for I'm hoping from help from the government. The choices I have right now for living would be in FL, NY, or NJ (only because of familiarity), most likely FL. Any other assistance I can get would help out as well, but my main focus is getting a good home based job. Again, thanks for all your time and help!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hmmm, just off the top of my head, is there a way you could keep other children in your home during the day, or do after-school care?

A lot of good brick-and-mortar schools have online coursework you can take that fits your schedule and leads to a reputable degree.

I've never been in your situation but I admire you for wanting to get an education. There are solutions out there. Don't give up. Your little boy will grow up seeing you as a strong, independent woman who overcame obstacles to better herself and her child.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You know what? I've thought about it several times months ago. It's something I might really consider. I love children and the ones I've come across or have taken care of throughout my life have really liked me also. There's a lot of homework I'd need to do. Between paying taxes and the overall expenses, I'd have to figure out how. With enough money, I may be able to have a baby sitter for a few hours in the evening so I can attend school. I'm still going to consider other jobs but this is something I will definitely look into. I'm also gonna look into brick and mortar which I've never heard of. It would be great if that can work out for what I'd like to study. Thanks so much for the advise! I really appreciate it! I'm already feeling better.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

With brick and mortar schools she means the schools have an actual building and classes and an online program, not that that is the name of the program I am affraid. Look up what the closes community college is and look if they have any online programs available. Whatever the outcome they might be able to help you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Could you work at a daycare...that way you could take your son with you?
    Blessed and Highly Favored!!!!
    From $78K in debt to debt free and purchased a house and used car with 100% cash...God is sooo Good!!!

Goals:
    New to me vehicle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

sorry for your situation but kudos on wanting that education!

may i suggest a serving position in a non-chain restaurant? better tips than in a chain, more flexibility, and, if it is more upscale, the $$$ is awesome and you would need less shifts (ie not needing a sitter?) that way you have enough $ to go to school, pay day care/sitters and go to school during the day?/

good luck to you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would suggest licensed home daycare or babysitting at your home if that's legal in your area without a license. You really need to make sure you find out what the law is in your area and make sure you are providing legal child care.

I am a licensed home daycare provider. I have been for over 20 years. My ex wouldn't allow me to go to college. So, a while after getting divorced, I looked into it. There are many legit online schools you can attend which allow you to do all of your work at home. Or you can take online classes through your local community college. I have done it both ways while doing daycare. It really works well for me. I do some of my school work before daycare kids come in in the morning, at nap time, sometimes, I can get a little done during free play, and after work until I go to bed. For the community college online classes, I do have to go into the college to take tests. But I can usually schedule them for Saturdays. If I can't, I hire my substitute to do daycare for me for a couple of hours while I go to the college for the test.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, if you look into college, whether online colleges or community college, make sure you find a college that takes FASFA and make sure to apply for it. It will save you a lot of money. Also look into scholarships, grants, and finally loans.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Can't you get your GED online and I think there are community colleges that let you in without it even. there are some Federal programs to help single moms get an education: Grants for Single Mothers - Eligibility and Options in 2015 and also: Grants for Single Mothers to go to College: Free Grants for Single Moms And search for scholarships everywhere online and apply for any that you think apply to you, you never know.

I don't know your financial situation, but in NY there are welfare to work programs that offer some types of education or training. Maybe a program like this would help, you'd have financial support while doing school or job training so maybe you wouldn't have to get a job right away. I think most of these programs work with you for at least 2 yrs. Some provide free or subsidized child care while you are in school. NY has good social programs for single moms, WIC, medicaid, children's health insurance that is really good, SNAP, HEAP, subsidized housing and I'm sure there are more I know nothing about. Oh, the Commodity Supplemental Food Program supplies healthy food deliveries up to age 6. It's probably worth a trip to DSS to meet with a social worker who can help you with these things. I would think the other states you mentioned have similar programs.

Having been in a very, very bad marriage, kudos to you for getting out now while your son is still little. In NY, the father has to pay 17% of his salary before taxes to you in support. They've made it much easier if you have a hard time getting him to pay, in NY the consequences are pretty bad if you don't pay your support. I never did this because my ex did pay his support but many of my friends opted to go through the Support Collections Unit. They get the money from him and get it to you, my friends' said they even got cost of living raises every two yrs. That way you do not have to see him or deal with him. I wish I had done this because even though my ex paid, he was mean and horrible about giving it to me, for over 10 YEARS, you'd think he'd get tired! So if your ex gives you blow back every time, let the SCU deal with him. And support is not tied to visitation so even if he says, "I never see him, I'm not paying," tough beans, in NY you have to. For things like that you can bring him to family court without needing a lawyer. But it works the other way too, if you don't let him have visitation because he didn't pay his support, you can get in trouble with family court.

I'm trying to think of all the things that helped me when I left, I'll keep thinking. You are courageous making the first step by leaving. It's scary to leave without feeling like you have a safety net and depression is an issue, often it's so scary women don't leave. But that not only affects you, it affects your son. Once you get things in place, you'll be able to look back and see how great you did.

I hope this isn't information overload! Just realize there may be more help out there than you knew of. I'm rooting for you! Please keep us updated.