In Desperate Need Of Stink Eye!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My ex has three brothers and a sister and his parents who I know will hassle me unrelentously if he gets put in jail. Then when the kids are older, they will probably tell them I had their father put in jail. That's what is really bothering me. I don't want to end up being the bad guy in all this.

You know what? TOO BAD! Unless of course they want to Pay for THEIR brother/son's responsiblities!! Otherwise, THEY GET NO VOTE! If they were worth anything themselves as human beings, THEY should have been Kickin his A$$ to DO THE RIGHT THING all this time! As far as them telling your children bad things, then at that point ALL CONTACT to them would be cut immediately! And by the time the kids get older believe me, they will know the truth themselves. ACTIONS speak louder than words.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the encouragement, Kate. We have a court date set for next month. I hope KJ is back by then because her stink eye really works!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I agree. You can't control what other people say or do, just do what is right by your kids even if other people will talk trash. My kids have heard it from their dad and step-mom and from the soon to be ex but they know what I have done to keep them clothed, fed and to provide a stable life. I can only be responsible for my words and my actions and taking the high road by doing the right thing pays off in the long run. That money is owed to you and your kids and you should do what needs to be done to get it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When my sons dad left. I knew he was at his moms so i called my lawyer and told him that my son's dad had left us and i wanted child support.
    This was the day after he left (my son was 2 months old ). My lawyer said do you know where he works and where he lives. I said your town up the street at the nursing home. Monday morning he got a letter from my lawyer telling him to contact him within 48 hous. He did and was told that we would be seeking child support unless they could come to terms and if he got one call from me that I did not receive it we'd be in court asking for more. He was also told we would be saying he did not stand up to the signed agreement and would put a warrant out for his arrest.
    That was 17 years ago and last night his newest girlfriend called and asked if it would be better if the paid everything at the first of the month instead of every week. I told her fine with me as long as we get it.
    Hang in there and get tough thats all they understand.. Its your kids life and you owe no one else any explanation .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, I really appreciate the support. I just don't understand why he feels justified in not helping. He said he just wants to start a new life over without all the baggage of the past! I guess me and the kids are "baggage".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Lovely, isn't it, that your former life becomes baggage when you get a new girlfriend? My ex is the same way. Somehow they always manage to blame all their ills on the "psycho ex wife." You keep your chin up, Autumn, and stay strong. You know you have right on your side. We are all here for ya.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Karen. I don't care about being baggage, but I don't like him thinking of our kids that way. Oh well, what can I do!! I'm getting so I think I hate him, and I've never hated anyone in my life. I hope that feeling passes as I don't want to become a bad, bitter person. I've always been a happy, upbeat person with a love of life, and I don't want that to change.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Autumn, I think that you can dislike someone intensely when they have done something to harm your children without considering yourself bad or bitter. It is no secret that I detest my ex-husband, but in general I am a happy, cheerful person.

I am sorry that you have to go through this, but even sorrier that you have to see your children hurt. Nothing can break a mother's heart like seeing her kids unhappy.

So, girlfriend, you carry on and burn the big jerk in effigy if you need to. Just make sure you laugh while you dance around the bonfire! (*wink*)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been happily diviorced 6 yrs last week. My daughter is now 12, and her dad is remarried and has her visit when it's convient for them. She loves her dad as she should but she is now realizing that $52 a week isn't really alot for child support.We have a appointment next month for braces and I know that it will be a battle for him to pay his half. My daughter said that maybe he can sell his motorcylcle to pay for his half.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm hoping that things go well for you Autumn! Hang in there. Sending you hugs!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, I'm really nervous about court next month, but I want it to be over with. I know what you mean about getting your ex to pay half on the braces. My ex was supposed to be half of a large phone bill he left but did not pay, half of the vet bills we had, etc. I paid them on my own. He didn't pay squat on any of them. Your child support is very low. I haven't seen any support since last June.

Thanks Karen and Heather for your support. It really means a lot to me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

autumnlynn... i am a real softy except when it comes to my kids... then i am like mama bear running out of the woods ready to bite someone's head off...
    if his family harasses you, take the phone off the hook, call the police, make sure its known... yes, they will talk about you but your kids will grow up and believe me, they will know you did the right thing...
    i told my son (he's 16) that if he ever put his children what my ex did to me and his older sister, its not the courts that will deal with him, its his mama!...
    too bad so many men (and women) dont take care of their responsibilities...
    and its the kids who suffer...
    (((hugs))) to you and your children... it will get better... the courts have a great way of keepping track of someone who doesnt pay...
    also, remember, if he isnt paying and he is in their computer system and the law finds him, he automatically goes to jail... then they go to court and have to deal with all of that... that is what happened to my ex... i just kept in contact with the local office that handles the child support and whenever i heard he moved or changed jobs, i informed them... the state tracked him down, picked him up and then the next day he was in front of a judge... i didnt have to go to court, either (i could have if i wanted to, but at the time my dh was recovering from a stroke and i didnt want to leave him)...
    hope this info helps...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

what is this stink-eye?... and how do you do it????
    i would like to know...
    hang in there karen and autumnlynn... it does get better...
    trust me, i have been there...
    (((hugs))) to both of you...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12