Total Single Parent - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am sort of. My oldests dad doesn't pay support and he has no visitation right. SOmetimes he calls and talks to my daughter for days at a time and then we hear nothing for weeks or months. He does send presents

My youngest father does pay child support and he asks me if I need help with anything, he has helped us with bills, rent, etc

I do live near my parents and they help me with babysitting, etc

I can't imagine doing this and everything alone with no money or emotional support.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ME! Pick ME!

I have been doing it since B was conceived. The $#$&(*# was not there for even his birth. I do go after him for Child Support but he owes me 36,000 DOLLARS so how much do you think he pays?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am not anymore but remember the days long ago when it was just me and my DD. I remember how difficult it was both financially and emotionally. I have a great deal of respect for all single parents out there especially my best friend who is raising 3 on her own. My biggest wish would be the govt. would help out more either financially or to speed up the process of getting the deadbeat dads to pay. I see how hard she works day after day and I feel so bad I cant do more to help! Great thread!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

pip
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think single parents are heros. I wish you all the best.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was, but now my nest is empty. There are pros and cons, as with everything. All in all, I always felt lucky not to have to juggle schedules and holidays and not to have interference about decisions.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am a total single parent of 4 kids. Hubbie was ok at the beg. but as soon as he started dating, he forgot he had kids. No support no visitation nada. Just last week My daughter ran into him after 12 yrs and am he did not know who she was. She was not even sure who he was, she had to call me hehe. So she went up to him and asked for his name. He told her, then he asked who are you?? She said oh the daughter you had with so and so. I was laughing. I mean to not know your own children?? I have to say it bugs me that they may start a relationship now and he gets all the fun stuff, and not have to deal with the pre teen, teen stages. She is now 18 and in collegue. That is something else that upsets me. I am still a mom to her and help her with collegue, the absent parents "responsebility" ends at 18. NOT FAIR. For her emotional sake I stay quiet and encourage her to persue a relationship if she wishes. However on the inside I burning up!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used to be, but my daughter is 35 yrs old now. My parents helped out a lot also. I am very grateful to them!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was for 6 years with my oldest. I finally got him into court for support, but it was so little, it didn't really do much good. My dad helped us out a lot.

Registered User Droppedonmyhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was a totally single parent from the day my daughter was born. . .27 years ago. Never received one penny of support for her. I was so poor that many times my friends had to feed my daughter. Hard work and determination got me out of poverty. It was very discouraging and hard during those years.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we left zack's mom's place (where we were living) last december. he was here for merrick's birthday/christmas party. i broke up with him in january. the last time i have seen him was in april. we are living with my mom and i am engaged to jason who i have know for 7 yrs. i havent filed for anything yet b/c i still need to get my social security card (he trashed it along with my stuff and i wouldnt be surprised if him or his mom trashed merrick's stuff) and merrick's birth certificate b/c he signed the sheet we got from the hospital but not a paternity affidavit (never married to him). i do have a feeling that he either wont pay the support or wont visit or both.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm on an adoption waiting list and will be doing this on my own - unless I meet a great guy - I'm still dating and trying. It's a lot different when you come into it knowing that you're doing it alone than when it's thrust upon you. I'm as prepared as any person can be to be a parent on their own, financially as secure as I can be, have a good job with flex hours and belong to a couple of local support groups for women who choose to become moms on their own.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Total Single Parent

I'm a single parent for 7 yrs now. My husband died of a heart attack. I don't have support from family and don't live near family. I drive 4 hrs to see my parents every Christmas but that is the only time they have much to do with us. It is really hard sometimes. This hasn't been one of my best years. Right now I'm having ear infections and because of it my sinus are infected too. I'm glad my son is older and can do some things his self. He is 14. I do miss having a spouse and someone to talk to. I dated for a couple of yrs but men take advantage when you own your own home. I guess its better to stay like it is now. Its too much if your child gets attached to someone you date.

After the 1st of the year I want to make a budget and stick to it and save some, really want a vacation this yr but we'll prob go later in the fall for the lower rates.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been divorced for over 3 years and have considered myself a TSP for about a year now. Even though ex shows up for DS#2's hockey on Saturdays & Sundays he's not dependable for anything else so yep it's all me. DS#2 is affected by this...he misses his dad and wants to see him more. Breaks my heart.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Total single mom

I am a total single mom who gets no child support and my ex has not contacted my dd in over 2 yrs ( almost 3). It is hard mostly on my dd who is a daddy's girl and is now old enough to realize everything is not my fault, as we have not moved and my email address has not changed and neither has hers, though phone has. For years I despised being a single mom, as did not want to raise kids by myself. Now I realize how good of decision I made when I left my ex.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am a total single parent as well! I left my boys father over 5 years ago...and he hasn't had contact with them in over 4 years. He hasn't paid me a penny in child support since day one, I figured it out just the other day....he owes me over $30,000 in support as of present! Some days I hate it..other days I'm so proud that I am doing it by myself and dont' need the support of any man. My kids have come to the point where they really dont' want to see their father even if he did try and contact them. They are mad that for over 4 years...he hasn't called, wrote or even sent them a birthday card! And I can't say I blame them. I don't talk bad about their father to them. All I tell them is that I know their daddy must love them. But that's all I can say. whether he does or not...who knows...but I at least give my kids that little glimmer of their other parent may love them. It's sad...but it's life!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast