Finally calling it quits - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have no advice, but I am sorry that you are going through this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am sorry you are going through this, I was almost in the same situation as you just a mere week ago but I want to make our marraige work.

As far as you and your DH here's what I would do:
    ~ DONT SIGN ANYTHING he give you
    ~ Make him pay child support since he makes more than you, this is for your DD anyway, he should WANT to support her
    ~ Stop being civil, this isnt working with him, maybe he's being this way because he knows he can!
    ~ Dont ever talk bad about him in front of the kids - #1 rule!
    ~ Go stay with the MIL, she cares alot about you and your DD

I just wish you the best of luck and sending hugs and prayers your way

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I noted you are in Maine ( as I am). Try contacting "Pine Tree Legal" aid. I hear they give free aid or consultations for people in certain income requirements and they can give you good advice on child support, and your rights, health insurance,etc.... Might just be of help.
    Here is the address: http://www.ptla.org/index.html

Again best wishes getting on your feet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Claimsgirl66...I have been on their website many times. I have even tried calling. I kept getting a message to call back at certain times and days. I never seem to get it right. I am going to try again tommorrow. Thank you for suggesting it to me though.
    Do you live in southern Maine?

I was not feeling that well today. I had to sub and then work at the night job. I think it just might be stress and nerves. Boy, do I need to get a steady income. It is going to be so hard trying to live on this pay.

Thank you to all you ladies for your concern and prayers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yup, in same area....battled the heavy holiday weekend traffic after work,yikes! I know affordable housing is an issue in this area, so I am glad you have the option of staying at your MIL home. Keep your chin up and keep us posted.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

no advice, only hugs ~ stay strong for yourself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Morning Ladies... Last night was pretty bad. He was drunk as usual. He wanted me to go over these divorce papers again. I told him that I wasn't going to do anything with them. I told him that I will be contacting my own lawyer. He will have to do the same. He hates the fact that he will have to spend "His" money on a lawyer because "I am being stubborn". He thought that since we are each taking a child (which I still hate that my son will be with him) that everything will be easy to split. Well anyway I am rambling.

He kept badgering me last night about everything and wouldn't leave when I asked repeatedly. So I called 911. He followed me all around the house while I was on the phone with them. He made some snide remarks about different things while he was following me. When the three state policemen got here we both had a conversation with them for awhile. They couldn't take him because he didn't commit any crime. They did tell me to put a protection from abuse order out on him next Tuesday. That will insure that he leaves the house.

Later on after they left my husband came into the house, stood at the diningroom table and stared at me like he had something to say. I was on the phone with my SIL, so I didn't even look at him directly. He then went in the bathroom to take a shower. I thought well I guess what he had to say must of not been that important. Well later after his shower, when all the kids had gone to bed, he starts up again. He was asking if the policemen were my "personal friends". I wouldn't answer him or even acknowedge that he was in the room. He kept asking me until finally he got up and went to go outside. Of course he had to make one more comment on the way out.

Well maybe SOON he will be gone. Please keep praying for my family.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123