Got A Bill From My EX - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is incredible. I'm glad you've already contacted your attorney.

Tell your ex what my daddy would have said---"Not no, but HELL no!"

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hmmm...
    a few fries short of a Happy Meal?
    not the brightest crayon in the box?
    elevator doesn't go all the way to the top?

Sorry that wasn't nice, but I am with claimsgirl66, can they not just spend time with their children without thinking about it costing them money???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hummm, he works under the table and wants you to forgive the owed money so he can buy a house? Well, since he's working under the table to avoid taxes and crap how is he going to show proof of income to purchase a home?

I am surprised the child support agency in your area doesnt FORCE him to get a job, I know they did with my DH when he was laid off and collecting unemployment they made him get a job or he would go to jail.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by claimsgirl66 View Post
    Let me get this straight:
    Perhaps you could put a little smiley face sticker on a copy of the letter and give it back to him with a "nice try" comment written in red...kinda like when you were back in school and the teacher would grade the papers!
    I love this idea!

What a !

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You know, you can INSIST that they investigate his sources of income. If they find him working under the table, they will turn him in to the IRS. On second thought, YOU can turn him in to the IRS anonymously, or just do it and tell them he's $15,000 arrears in child support, and working under the table, not paying taxes. Let him try to buy a house when they hit him with THAT bill!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

[QUOTE=autumnlynn;767034]I just couldn't believe it when I got the bill. In spite of eveything, I did find it funny.

Kj, I'm in need of some of that stinkeye. I know you could take care of him.

Oh this needs more than the stink eye, this needs the WHOOPIN STICK!!!

He has an order with CSEA (child support enforcement agency) but he works under the table or out of state so they can't find him. He owes me about $15,000 and asked me if I would forgive the back payments so he could buy a house. He even filed bankruptcy, but they wouldn't take the back support off.

It's official, that man has MORE than one screw loose! OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS? Tell me your joking? I didn't think it was possible to be that bad!!

QUOTE]

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nope, I wouldn't kid about this. He is that bad. I did tell the CSEA lady (we are on a first name basis!!), they send out letters but haven't been able to catch him. My attorney filed a contempt order last year and he almost ended up in jail but he made a payment to me to keep him out. My attorney will want to refile the order, but I just hate to see him put in jail because if he is, we're surely not going to collect anything. I don't know where he is working but he told me himself that he was working. I told the lady at CSEA that he had to be working to survive, but she said they had to find out where. She said they sent him a registered letter for a hearing, but he never picked it up or signed for it.

He said I am ruining his life because, in his words, 'I have everything and he has nothing' and it isn't fair. His attorney did file last year to suspend payments when his teaching contract wasn't renewed. That's when my attorney filed the contempt order and he almost went to jail.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

He said I am ruining his life because, in his words, 'I have everything and he has nothing' and it isn't fair

Ohhh wahhh, the POOR POOR baby! Ummmm, yeah you have EVERYTHING, you have the kids, YOUR bills, YOUR job, YOUR stress, YOUR responsibilities.

UGH, I'm sorry, it's NOT funny, but a man that stupid IS funny, you know?

I'll tell you, dealing with my good friend and her soon to be X that lives with the *ahem* woman over the hill and her kids, I'd have NEVER believed people to be SO stupid but they are, and yep, it's the men! My friends hubby says he won't pay a penny until the courts say he has to, but even when they do he doesn't have JACK SQUAT to pay, the girlfriend is SUCKING it all out of him as fast as she can! And he's whining poverty and "no fair" too, urgh!

Sigh, it MUST be a testosterone thing, the IDIOTS!

Hugs to ya!

kj

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dumb idiot. with merrick's dad he tried to get me to have him only pay for food, diapers and wipes i said no, he also wanted me to agree to joint custody i said no b/c his mom would watch him while he is at work or out wherever he goes. his mom was abusive to him and probbably would have been to merrick if ether we had stayed or i had agreed to joint custody. i still need to file for child support and get merrick's birth certificate. for his birth certificate i have everything filled out i just need to get our records from the dr.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by autumnlynn View Post
    His attorney did file last year to suspend payments when his teaching contract wasn't renewed. That's when my attorney filed the contempt order and he almost went to jail.
    He is/was a teacher?! Oh boy! My ex was going to be a teacher, too, and was substituting. What's funny is that my ex is working under the table now too and being supported by his wife or welfare and has not paid any child support in years and years. But they take vacations out of the country and just bought a house last year, have 2 newer cars and seem to be in fine shape while I have to buy my daughter used clothing, shoes and coats to get by.

But yours takes the cake!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, he is a teacher. I was told they can suspend his teaching license but before teaching he did professional photography. That is how he is working under the table. He even told me he is doing photography, but I don't know where or for whom.

He said even criminals get a clean slate after they do their time and since "he did his time", he deserves to start out with a clean slate!! He said he just wants his life back and not to have to keep looking over his shoulder all the time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

the government can take the money out of his pay checks and send it directly too you. Only this dosnt help you cuz he gets payed in cash.

This sounds like my dad. He tryed this shit once. It was depressing. I remember being disgusted and wanting him to go away.

Even though my mother was evil and hated me she at least kept me in her house for a long time. Dear old dad dumpped me off first chance he got.

A few years ago i was at the track working out and some guy i didnt recongnise came walking twords me staring at me. He was ugly and creapy. I pulled out my cell phone to call the police if something happened. He then said my name, which got my attenchen. He just kept talking to me like he new me. It took a few momnets but i finaly recognised him as my dad.

While it is importent to children to have a dad, sometimes we would rather him be gone then around if hes bad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This jerk hasn't paid child support in a year yet expects expenses from you. Let him take you to court and see what the judge will say. The judge would probably laugh in his face and attach garnishes to his wages for back child suport. Deadbeat dads make me sick.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What a Grade A jerk!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ya know it might be a good time to play "commando" and catch him in the act. The IRS would love him and whoever he is working for. Also the state could then watch him.

Kellie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast