Got A Bill From My EX - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just thought I would drop a little information on this subject.....I used to do payroll at an old job of mine and I can tell you that if you have outstanding child support in California it never goes away.....I was doing deductions for a guy and his kid was in his 20s......and he had to pay it out of every check. Now, I don't know if his X was on assistance or not......But I would suggest that you never let him off the hook.....

JMHO,
    leezza

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wonder if he will eventually do what my dad did (not that it will help what's owed from the past) and voluntarily surrender his parental rights just so he doesn't have to pay the CS

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This thread has made me so sad. Im angry that so many of you have or know dads that are dead beats. What the heck is wrong with men that they can see there children as a burden? I know my dh would never fight me about money for my kids , he would hand over every penny and live in a shelter if her had too. But then that might be one of the reasons we have such a good marriage.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hmm.

My ex and a lady didn't get married so that Medical would pay for the kid they'd created. He's on his 3rd? 4th? wife. I was the first. Although I always wanted kids, I will say that I was always grateful I never had his.

I had an acquantaince, a divorced dad, whose hours got greatly reduced, to like $60/week, and they nearly threw him in jail over the lack of support payments, because he didn't make enough at the moment for the payments. That struck me as unfair.

All that said, however, DH has done pro photography too. Someone has to be buying his services, somehow. If you can find the area where he's advertising, using a color lab, etc. you can probably find his income stream. Wedding photography makes $, but you need a storefront or advertising or something. I'd try doing a google search of his name and see what pops up. If it's out of state, try looking there for greensheets, want advertisers, etc. and see if there's any ads that look like your ex. Also, assuming he (or someone) has a phone, trying googling that and see if it shows up in a bulletin board, craigslist, ad booklet.

Of course, if he's doing commercial photography with a company under the table, you're stuck.

I hope something here helps!

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

lol My ex did the same thing -- he got his lawyer to send me a letter (it went to my lawyer because I didn't want him to know where I was) asking me to pay half of his legal fees because he was a student at the time. The bugger was too used to me paying for everything and couldn't handle his money!

Sorry, but this one had me :rofl:. Come on, give me a break!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is so sad to hear stories about parental neglect of this sort. That being said, I believe each parent should have a turn at having custody of the children and paying child support. Each mother should have custody and receive support from the father. Non payment would be punishable. Then each father should have a turn with custody, and the mother paying support. Non payment punishable .Let each side have a turn, with both custody, and with support.May give each insight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My stepfather surrendered his rights to my sister. He claimed he didn't know where she was for five years (despite the fact that my brother that lived with him had come up to visit) and a judge allowed it. I just can't believe anyone can do that. A paper doesn't mean anything. What a slap in the face to my sister too. Now she knows she was truly never wanted by her own father. I imagine these people all get theirs in the end.

Then you have people on the other end of the spectrum. My dh's stepmother was having an affair for two years and divorced my fil during a year he was working twenty hours a week overtime and had the highest income of his life. His company stopped offering overtime the next year and he lost almost $20k in income with nothing he could do about it. He tried to go back to court twice to have his support lowered by $100 a month (he was paying her almost $600 for one child) and the judge denied it both times. That baffles me. He ended up having to get a second job just to pay his bills. Meanwhile, his ex married her affair who was making more than fil to begin with and they bought new cars every year, a hot tub, a camp, new pool, etc.... And....she worked pt and refused to work anymore than that so her child support wouldn't get cut despite the fact that her daughter was a teenager. I just don't understand. My fil gave her half of his 401K (per her demand) and the house and took nothing for himself. Now, people on the other end of the spectrum really bug me too. She wanted to have her cake and eat it too and she did. Her dd is starting college this year and she didn't save a dime towards it and her and her new dh are further in debt. How do people do that to themselves?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow there are some STUPID people in the world aren't there? my brother is on the other side of the spectrum. the lawyers proved he was the better parent and that his ex wife was a pathological liar, abuser etc. etc. and they still gave her full custody. the custody papers even said that the courts didn't find her more fit, but they were giving her custody anyway. now shes still married to her 2nd hubby, living in a different state with a new boyfriend and pawns off my neice every chance she gets. since the begining of the year, shes had my neice a grand total of 80 days. but she still demands every penny of that child support. ooops, forgot to add the courts did take my neice away from her mother for 8 months once since she withheld medication and my neice ended up in the hospital. the ex was then suppose to pay my brother child support. she didn't do it of course so when my brother took her back to court to get full custody himself, the judge said he changed his mind and gave my neice back to her mother and dismissed all back child support.
    Last edited by halloweenfreak; 09-11-2007 at 04:07 PM. Reason: forgot some stuff

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

If he "has them" then he can be found at some times. If they have a warrant out on him, they can serve it when he comes to pick up the kids, or the bring them back. I'm sorry, but sometimes a little trip to jail can provide a BIG incentive to avoitd going back again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Autumn, how repulsive! I think that your ex and mine are long-lost twins - separated at birth. My ex has the same vile mentality. Sometimes when he has the girls he plays the bigshot and takes them to a fancy restaurant and drops $150 on a meal, or drops a couple hundred dollars to take them to an amusement park, and it TICKS ME OFF!!!!!!! We don't get to go do lots of fun stuff because we are busy trying to get through the everyday. He did not so much as buy them a package of freakin' crayons for back-to-school, and yet he thinks I should pay his legal fees since he is broke.

This makes me ILL. Your ex is as horrible as mine. There should be a special place in Anartica to ship these men to and make them work off their back support in horrible surroundings. I am irate for you!!!

Despite his gall and audacity, at least you can feel content in knowing how pathetic and laughable his little motion is. Big hugs from the victim of another deadbeat.

Registered User Droppedonmyhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

He may have signed his death warrant (financially speaking) with that bill. The court system will have a field day with this one. Especially since he's not contributing to their support. They will make an example out of him. All you'll have to do is sit there prim and proper and barely say a word. So don't feel sorry for him. It's all his own doings. You get what you give!!!

I always loved it when one of our female judges used to ask the men in traffic court if they paid their child support. (They always complained about having no money to pay their fines). Nearly all of them said they didn't pay their child support.

Boy. . .she would go off on them. . .these were her standard sayings:

Do you eat? Who feeds you? Do you think your kids don't need to be fed?

Where do you live? Who puts a roof over your head? Do you think your kids don't need a roof over their heads?

Who provides your clothes for you? Do you think your kids don't need clothing?

And then she goes on a bit more. . .and whenever they start to protest. . .she tells them to "shut up". She then tells them that she doesn't want to hear their excuses for being a dead-beat dad, that they should be ashamed of themselves, what kind of example are they setting and they need to keep their zippers up and quit producing babies that they refuse to take care of!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry for all the problems you're having. But remember no matter what happens he will pay in the end as the kids will remember. They don't forget ANYTHING!!! My SD's mother told the courts (over the phone) that she shouldn't have to pay support because she is handicapped. She's a crackhead for crying out loud. Thats the only thing wrong with her. She doesn't have to pay a cent but on the up side she hasn't contacted us in 6 months.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't say it suprised me. Sad ha? Well I don't know where you live, but here in Calif. who ever has the kids with the for visitation or otherwise is responsible for the childs, food, clothing and other expenses. A friend of mine has a really bad ex. The lawyer told her to send the kids with the clothes on their backs. It was up to him to provide clothes for when they stay with him. When child support figures the amount the absent parent is to pay, the take a look at the amount of time a child is to spend with that parent. This way they do take into consideration the food and clothing that they are to spend on their child while they are with them.
    Good luck

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have friends that have this kind of moron as a daddy for their kids. It seems that he is under the impression that you are the parent and that he is the babysitter... Scuze me for saying it, but it has to be said... what a stupid person (and & unfortanately I do know some deadbeat moms that are just like this...).

I would talk to the IRS, tell them where he works, his address, his phone #, that he is getting paid under the table and is NOT paying taxes, and that he does owe child support... and this type of person, usually is breaking even more laws along the way... & definitely do the "happyface" nice try... lol! that was hysterical!

& I don't know that I'd tell him that I'd just "sicked" the IRS on him, at least not until he pays every last dime he owes & the kids are no longer in the house...lol...

But this IS about your kids and HIS responsibility for them and sometimes you just do what you have to do.... of course, if he complaines that the IRS are coming after him, you can always tell him what he doles out (OBVIOUSLY) will come back to him in the same way but usually on a MUCH higher scale....

In the meantime, find another single mom & swap nights cooking during the week & possibly every now & then during the weekends to "cook" together... that is what a friend of mine & I did (she was my neighbor downstairs) and now we are the best of friends! (she doesn't have help w/her x either... he went to prison for trying to kill her and the baby when she was 7 months preggers with him ... the baby is now almost 5! The jerk has another 10? yrs in prison...& will not know where they live after he gets out...).

Keep smiling & know that God loves you and WILL take care of you and your children...

Kim

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm glad my ex didn't think of this, sounds like the way his brain works. I gave up on child support years ago, it wasn't worth the hassle. Haven't heard a word from him since I pulled out of maintenance enforcement, so it was worth it to me (esp. since he wasn't paying anyway). If he'd come up with this scheme though, maybe he would have actually taken her for visitation.

I'm sad for you, it sucks trying to raise a child with a selfish imbecile.

If you want to respond though, tell him to send you a cheque for $15000 and you'll mail him back the change.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123