No money from ex - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well my ex had his driver's lic. cancelled, and even that did not encourage him to pay child support. He keeps moving out of state. So that makes it more difficult for California to enforce.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This is just my opinion, the other parent should help out money wise but don't expect or depend on it. Your kids will appreciate the fact that you had to work hard to support them with no help. When I do recieve child support I look at it like wow my kids have special shopping money.

You can only do so much on your end with the courts and such, don't waste energy on things you can't control like making sure the father pays at all or on time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Never got any help - but that's okay. I didn't have to put up with any attitude either.

I raised my kids the way I saw fit. We never had much, but there was always something to eat, the house was clean, utilities on. We all pitched in and did our part, comparison shopping, unit pricing, loss leaders, coupons, resale stores etc. We made it a challenge to see how much blood we could get out of a turnip. They also knew (and still know) what it means to be loved unconditionally.

They turned out to be amazing, self-reliant, concerned about the world and others. Best of all they are fun and they think heir crazy mom is a hoot.

Don't count what you don't have, count what you do have.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well now you know to not make that mistake again. My ex tried to "borrow" money from me for gas and to eat out with his wife one time after coming here to visit with his daughter and I basically told him to go to h***. That was the last time his wife drove him out here (he has no drivers license either).

I almost forgot to add that the ex has not paid one dime in support for over 10 years and put his business in his wife's name to avoid showing any income so he could avoid paying support!
    Last edited by HandyMom; 11-07-2007 at 08:41 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My ex, the scum of Lake Ontario, has not paid me any money either. We are doing ok, but it really ticks me off when I see him purchasing wide-screen tvs, laptops, and such.

To ice the cake, the judge just took away his overnight visits and he demanded that I use $10 in gas to take the kids to see HIM! I left an ever so polite message saying that since he had no other current expenses regarding the children I was afraid that I am currently unable to help him out.

He screwed me over a few times last year by agreeing to sign the kids up for activities that he would be paying every other month's fees for. Big shock, he never paid a penny after agreeing to this. O he would offer to give me half of the money for a field trip and then never pay me back.

Now for him, anything he wants the kids to participate in or offers to pay for, it is cash in advance. I do not trust him for one thin dime.

You've learned the hard way, just like I did. I know that they can't run forever, and when things finally do catch up with them, it won't be pretty. We are strong, independent women raising wonderful children, and don't ever forget it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12