No money from ex
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default No money from ex

Let me first of all say that I have not rec'd any money from him since we first separated. I was pregnant with my youngest (now 9 yrs old) and had another one still in diapers. He has been out of a job, so a friend of mine needed her house painted. This is what he does, so I helped him find that job. He did not have any gas money to get to the site, so I LENT him some. I also lent him some money to buy a part he needed for his paint sparyer........he got paid and guess what??? Not only did he not give me any child support money, he did not pay me back!! He knows I don't have extra money, and yet takes from me? He even got a extra 100 as a bonus...and could not give me that?
    He is so selfish!! After 10 yrs you would think he would have matured!! Or that I should have known better!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I personally would not have lent money to someone who hadn't ever paid me child support, as it says something very important about him. If he doesn't care about supporting his children, he surely isn't going to care about paying you back.

I'm sorry, tough lesson to learn, but hopefully, this will be the last time he cons you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am sorry that that happened to you. Be proud of yourself that you are so kind and tenderhearted as to help him out in his time of need. He may not pay you back, but you will be rewarded for your good deed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I too have an ex like that. I have been receiving cs but only when it's convient for him. Everyone tells me that I have a big heart for putting up with his crap. It took some time and yes now I have come to my senses. He can't hold a job and he can't pay his bills so he always calls me to loan him a couple of dollars. Um NO! is what I say now and of course he calls me every name in the book.
    Whatever, at least I know that I am taking care of my kids and he can go crawl under a rock.

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by sueh View Post
    I too have an ex like that. I have been receiving cs but only when it's convient for him. Everyone tells me that I have a big heart for putting up with his crap. It took some time and yes now I have come to my senses. He can't hold a job and he can't pay his bills so he always calls me to loan him a couple of dollars. Um NO! is what I say now and of course he calls me every name in the book.
    Whatever, at least I know that I am taking care of my kids and he can go crawl under a rock.

Good Luck!
    Hey, a good comback is always "I can't loan you money, I need it for the kids". If he calls you names then, he's also calling your kids names. Remember that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I noticed that you are in California, tell you what you can turn his butt into the local DAs office and they will actively go after him for your back child support.......don't let him off the hook. Make sure to document everything. I have known of women who have gotten their child support years later......Fight the good fight! Your children are worth it.

leezza

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sorry for your situation. My mom raised 3 kids with almost no help from my dad after they divorced, so I can imagine how hard that is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default child support

I do have a case open. He owes be close to $70k. I honestly don't count on it. Until this country holds companies responsible for paying employees under the table, our children will continue to suffer. The issue is not just with undocs...it's with all those absent neglectful parents. I guess I expected him to have a heart for his kids.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My Sd's mother is supposed to be paying us childsupport but decided that she doesn't want to see Sd anymore and shouldn't have to pay b/c of that. We went to court over the entire thing and Bio-mom threw such a huge fit the judge decided to reschedule another time when bio-mom would hopefully be more cooperative. 2 months later still nothing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by boogiemum View Post
    My Sd's mother is supposed to be paying us childsupport but decided that she doesn't want to see Sd anymore and shouldn't have to pay b/c of that. We went to court over the entire thing and Bio-mom threw such a huge fit the judge decided to reschedule another time when bio-mom would hopefully be more cooperative. 2 months later still nothing.

In that case, it almost seems like it would be better to get her to sign over her rights. If she doesn't want to see her daughter then so be it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is a shame that men cannot be Men for the sake of their children. My husband has a cousin in ME and they took his liscense away for not paying CS (about a year ago), so at least some states are fighting back. He has been back and forth with his ex for 18 years about CS, he says she doesn't deserve it. Does not matter what he thinks, these are his children that he created (2 kids) and it is his resposibility. He did not go to his son's HS graduation because the Mom would be there. Talk about childish, we are talking about a 36 year old man here. And of course, most years he worked under the table too. This kind of stuff frosts my butt, they should make them do community service or something to earn the CS for the children. The country needs work done everywhere, road work, carcass removal, trash pickup, whatever, something to get those kids the support they need. I do not know how I would supposrt us if my husband left, I can only thank my lucky stars that I married a man that would never leave his children destitute.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do wish that they would have these absent parents work ..even if it is minimum wage and send the kids most of the money. I am going thru some really hard times. He sees it and still can't have a heart. Boy I am glad he is not around to influence my boys!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by struglew3kids View Post
    Boy I am glad he is not around to influence my boys!!
    What a positive way to think.

Katy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

sort of know what ur going through. when jason and i get the money together we will see about getting zack's parental rights taken away so that jason can adopt him. but before i can do that i need to get merrick's birth certificate.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a friend whose situation is such that the state collects the cs from her ex and then sends it to her - funny how people are less comfortable paying the gov't on time than an individual. I don't think this solution came early in the game, however. I'm pretty sure it took a few years, and a few rounds of his going to jail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast