update on no money from ex
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default update on no money from ex

Well my ex has left me several messages at work. I don't have a home phone number nor a cell phone number as I can't afford them at this moment. He knows this. He first called me to say he was now working. All I could tell him was well good for you. I mean it's not like he said I am going to send you money now. So then on Friday he leaves me a message stating that he fell and fractured his arm, and so he is not working. Ahh like I said, it's not like I was expecting any money. But it does show that Carma is real!!! You don't need to do or say anything. Things just catch up with them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I totally agree with you on karma. It always works , may not know when or how but it works lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

If he is on welfare or unemployment now, I beleive that you can contact them to get some help for you and your kids.

There has got to be a way to get some money out of this deadbeat. You deserve it and so do your children.

You are right, Karma gets them every time!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No he is not on unemployment or welfare. I really don't see how I will EVER get anything from him. I have to let it go. Don't get me wrong, I have a open case w/ Child Support but as far as hoping and planning for it....no way!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know in my case, my ex never paid and I had a court order. The state would only pursue it it I were receiving state aid. This was in RI. Not sure how it works in other states.

Call a Legal Aid office if you have one. They may have a bvetter idea how to handle this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My son's father only paid child support for a few months (ds is 9) He's only ordered to pay $55 a month and I don't even see it. (new york stae minimum is $50 a month - they figure that based on working 40 hrs a week at minimum wage) He's one of these guys who don't like to work and leech off of others. CHild support services has helped over the years, but the only thing that can be done now is to take away his license.. but this may have already been done. They said they can put them in jail... but really how does this help? PLus you have to go to court, blah blah blah. I got sick of constantly taking him to court for child support. I would file each spring (when my classes would end) and he would show up and promise the judge he would get a job and pay such and such. Of course he would get a job and then quit/get fired within a month or two. The last time we went (which was at least 3-4 yrs ago) he said he'd pay a $300 by a certain time and didn't. support services filed a petition to court saying he didn't pay but we never did hear anything else after that. Oh well. Since I've been with dh I really haven't needed the money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had stated that if my kids wanted to talk to him, they could. Well I got two prepaid cell phones. One for me and the other for the kids. They get to talk with my brother all they want. He has the same company so it's free.I did program their dads cell phone number on their cell and one of the boys did call him. He said it felt good to talk to him (it of course broke my heart). I made it so the call would appear private. I didn't want my ex calling them and finishing their minutes or calling them when he is all drunk. I did warn the kids that I can only afford one $15 card for them a month, so if they spend it all that it. Well my soon to be ex calls me and asks how the kids are, that he has not been able to talk to them. He of course calls me at work as that is the only number that I can't change. He is trying to make a conversation and I am blunt to answer and give him only yes and no answers. Finally I just said what do you want. "to talk to my kids" here we go again, then buy them calling cards!!! He tells me he is going to start working next week. I don't know why he says that, like he has ever given me any money. It makes my blood boil.
    Last edited by struglew3kids; 01-24-2008 at 08:14 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

strugglewith3kids,
    you ex sounds very slummy!!!
    can i ask why u dont go after him in court ?
    i know it aint cheap but is there anyway u could borrow some form somebody.then payback in payments.
    he needs to be stopped and pull his weight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are just starting that whole process ourselves...well the ex filed against me to lower child support, the same child support he hasn't been paying all of duh how dumb can you be? Your scaring me, since filing with child support enforcement he hasn't sent anything at all. All my lawyer will tell me is "have you filed a claim with child support enforcement?" With dbf I don't necessarily need it either but you know these are HIS kids (and mine) not dbf's responsiblity though I'm lucky enough that he takes care of them like his own. It's completely fusterating. They live in a 170,000.00 house and drive 2 new cars but at the expense of the kids. This was not meant to be about me but seeing how it's just starting for me am I to understand that there is going to be really nothing to be done unless we all go on the system?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default child support

I do have a case open with Child Support. He just does not pay it. He works under the table. Here in California they really don't put them in jail, so he gets away with it. Then to top it off he moved to TX. So it just made things a lot more difficult. I do have to say that not having him around helps us emotionally, but it would be so much better if at least give me something. I give up on the system. I just have the case open as a way to show him how much he owes, but really that's all it will do. He always gets trucks and cars under his parents name, so those won't be taken away from him. He knows how to work around the system.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It would be nice if he did help and chip in something

You are lucky for the fact that he doesn't bug you, etc