I am so angry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am so angry

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default I am so angry

First of all I love my kids more than anything and I make sure I make enough money to pay rent, bills and everything my kids could want or need. I hardly ever recieve child support so I basically do everything on my own. I could care less about child support . My exboyfriend came up this weekend to visit my little one, he hasn't paid child support in who knows how long. Here I am going without sleep and working hard to make sure everything is paid and give my girls a Christmas like I want them to have. My ex was bragging about spending money on eating out at fancy restaurants, etc. It makes me so angry that he can't be bothered to pay child support but he has the nerve to brag about spending money in my face.

I called today to see if he could get a show cause hearing for being behind in child support. I was planning on making Christmas dinner for my family and my ex was trying to invite himself over, I told him it would be $100 a plate in cash upfront for him

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know what you mean! There is a warrent out for my EXbf's arrest! He owes me $6,500! Don't worry your kids will know who is providing for them. My 7 year old knows with out me telling her! She tells me she feels safe with me. I am so sorry you have to go threw this, just know you are not alone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just wanted to give you a hug.

Your DDs will have a lot of respect for you as they see you as a hard worker and a wonderful parent, unlike ex-BF.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow I'm so sorry. You are to be commended so highly I can't even say for what you do for your kids. I hope court forces him to pay. Want to come live in WI where they toss deadbeat non payers in jail if they aren't working or paying for so long? I have a friends whos ex hubby decided he no longer had to work or pay and he got 30 days in the clink. Kind of cut into his social life so he found in his heart to work and pay.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks

I was so annoyed with him hearing him brag when I have to work so hard to provide for my children. He has no shame.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mmy2grls View Post
    Thanks

I was so annoyed with him hearing him brag when I have to work so hard to provide for my children. He has no shame.

Oh I'd be mad too!!!

pip
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What is wrong with some people? Good for you for being such a good mama!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How can he eat out at fancy restaurants when he knows his child could use the money? This man has no conscience.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh, I know the feeling- my SD's mother hasn't paid support in a year - we are currently going through the court system over it- and she has been taking vacations, getting tattoos and all kinds of frivolous spending. it's nice to know she is enjoying her daughter's money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Is he employed? I don't practice family law, but I believe (at least in California) you can attach his wages and then child support is automatically paid...both what he owes each month plus what is in arrears. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by KJayEsq View Post
    Is he employed? I don't practice family law, but I believe (at least in California) you can attach his wages and then child support is automatically paid...both what he owes each month plus what is in arrears. Just a thought.
    That is what I have going on, but if he is not working then it does not work. My ex likes to get fired all the time and mooch off his family!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yonksgirl View Post
    That is what I have going on, but if he is not working then it does not work. My ex likes to get fired all the time and mooch off his family!
    I almost think we're talking about the same man here lol

He flat out told me he was not going to pay child support anymore. He said he needed to do things for himself lol, he mooches off his family, too cheap to buy his own car or get his own place. This is the guy that wouldn't help buy anything for my baby when she was born but hired a lawyer to sue me for custody and child support. Of course I have custody but he was so mad that he didn't get child support! lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What is wrong with these men!!!??? I do not blame you one bit for being so angry!

My ex live is NV and couldn't even be bothered to call his son, never mind fork over any cash. When he WAS paying (all of one year in 8) he alwasy threw it in my face. Like he was giving me the world (yeah right 80 bucks a week). I just reminded him that his 80 bucks paid exactly one half of his son's medical insurance and one half of daycare! No extras here......

If you can go after him for it then yeah go for it. But I also understand there are so many cases (like mine) where it just isn't worth it.... The legal fees because he lives out of state, and the fact that you can;t get blood from a stone.

Good luck to you and good job standing up for your DD. Sometimes the satisfaction of knowing that you are doing right by your children, well it's priceless isn't it?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have been in the same situations. My EXH likes to mooch off his family as well, so I emailed his dad, who was horrified to discover he had not been paying support. His dad is in the process of catching him up and he is making the current payments for the time being. Just an idea, because my EXH's dad threatened to cut the purse strings if he did not do right by his children.

Amazing how many men there are running around unable or unwilling to keep a job and support their children while they buy all sorts of fancy electronics. At last cound, in the past 6 months my EXH has purchased a large flat screen HDTV, 2 laptops and a desktop (what, is he going to hack into the Pentagon or the National Treasury!?!), and a Bluetooth, as well as a 2005 Grand Am. Makes me so MAD!

Good luck, honey. It took me nearly two years to get this stuff straightened out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a neice who went through this with her Ex Brian. She is the mother to our little neice Eryana who passed away this past April. After Eryana passed, Brian stopped paying child support for Anthony who is 5 yrs. old. He told Erin that he just couldn't afford to pay her anymore for Anthony, and now that she is able to work, she should be able to pay her bills without his money. Well, I paid for a lawyer and he almost lost his driver's license. Here in Georgia, you loose your license if you don't pay your court ordered child support. Brian drives the big rigs for a living, only job he has ever done and he makes good money, so he changed his mind really quick, LOL. He's caught up now and doesn't miss a payment. He actually gave Erin an extra $200 this month to help pay for Anthony to have a nice Christmas. He's still a jerk in my book though for even trying to get away with not paying in the first place. He would have done it too if it hadn't been me giving her money for a lawyer. Little jerk thought I would dummy up and just help with her bills and food, and I did until she got on her feet, but this ole' gal wasn't gonna let @@@hole do her like that and get away with it. He's scared of me now, and I love it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast