I need help with a work schedule please
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default I need help with a work schedule please

I work at home and schedule my own hours, for one job I don't even need to schedule hours, just log in when I want to and work.

I prefer working after my kids go to bed but getting 3 hours a sleep at night is wearing me out plus I made my kid late for school a few times which isn't good.

My youngest is active during the day so it's hard to work during the day. I figured the job that I schedule hours with, i'll need 28 hours a week at least. I can work 7 days a week 24 hours.

I have to get my oldest up at 6:45 for school and then I leave to pick her up at 2:45.

I think if we all go to bed by 9 pm, I could get up at 3 am and work until 6:30. That will give me 3.5*5(school week)=17.5

weekends I could get 4 hours in before they wake up so that would be a total of 25.5 hours. I can always catch a half hour here and there while my youngest naps or when my kids are busy at night.

I think if we stay on the same schedule consistantly we would all benefit and I can get some sleep in.

I just wanted to get some thoughts because I am exhausted and haven't mentally felt good for a few days now. Lately I felt like crawling under a rock and hiding from the world.
    Last edited by mmy2grls; 01-04-2008 at 12:20 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Would it help to have someone watch the kiddos? Say on a Saturday or sunday?
    Maybe you could get a solid block of time in and get caught up on some work and maybe even a quick nap too?

Um, maybe something to distract the little ones while you are working. Perhaps a movie and popcorn and special snack to munch on? That might free up an half hour or so here and there.

Is there a "playschool" or mothers day out program maybe the youngest could be enrolled in? That might free some of the day time too for work or catching up on sleep.

Just throwing out some ideas.

Good luck whatever you do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Is there a junior high school kid in the area? They LOVE money and don't mind being a mother's helper. You can pay them less than a babysitter because you are at home. I would look/ask around. Maybe put up a flyer at the library. Also, your local high school may have a child care program where you could find a student to help out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That is a great idea! I could get at least a few more hours in uninterrupted if someone was here to play with my children. I'm going to look into that idea.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    Would it help to have someone watch the kiddos? Say on a Saturday or sunday?
    Maybe you could get a solid block of time in and get caught up on some work and maybe even a quick nap too?

Um, maybe something to distract the little ones while you are working. Perhaps a movie and popcorn and special snack to munch on? That might free up an half hour or so here and there.

Is there a "playschool" or mothers day out program maybe the youngest could be enrolled in? That might free some of the day time too for work or catching up on sleep.

Just throwing out some ideas.

Good luck whatever you do.
    My ex bf comes to stay with us every other weekend to visit my kids, i'm going to see if he'll spend time with them so I can work some while he is here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My neighbor works from home - she has 2 kids - she wakes up at 4 am to get as much done as she can before she has to wake them up for school - so I guess the waking up @ 3 am idea would work - as long as you make sure you get to bed early at night -

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Is there another mom in the area with a child close to your youngest's age? Perhaps you could do a regular swap day. You keep her child one day for say 6 hrs so she can run errands, whatever. Then she can take your youngest and you have a solid block to work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finally crashed and burned last weekend. I work 20 hours between Friday and Saturday and then Synday I couldnot wake up or anything.

My oldest called my parents cause I couldn't sit up or anything. My mom took me to the ER. I'm suffering from exhaustion, strep throat, ear infection, and the flu.

My mom took off work this week to take care of me and my kids, I had to take time off work so I can rest.

I have to change things when I get better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh my gosh! Hope you get better quick. Sounds like you need a break. Relax.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

just pm/d you!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like you've gotten some great suggestions here.

Hope you get better quickly!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

Is working some during the day not a viable option? I don't know your whole story, but if kids nap during the day, perhaps that could buy some time. Ideally, you would not have to spend money on a helper.
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

By working 3-4 hours in the morning before they wake up gets me most of the money I need during the day. Then anything I can make during the day or night is icing, which is usually used for emergencies or bills anyways.

I have took 4 complete days off and still very tired. I need to wrok again tomorrow and pace myself instead of doing marathons. I have to figure out what I need to make by this weekend to pay rent and my mom is going to watch my kids while I work this weekend so I won't be so stressed.

Winter time is so expensive for me, I can't wait for spring