Ex jacka$$ is suing me!!!!!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Ex jacka$$ is suing me!!!!!

I take care of and provide for my youngest. My ex boyfriend pays a little over $200 a month for child support and he doesn't pay every month, just when he feels like it

He is suing me!!!

He wants full custody and wants me to pay him back all the child support he has paid plus wants ME to pay him $400 a month child support since the day she was born.

The papers his lawyer drew up says i'm an unfit mother because I am single and my ex boyfriend has took nude pictures of me so that makes me a questionable moral person.

I should be laughing my ass off but it scares me that he hired a lawyer and I was served with this crap.

I rent a nice home, my children have their own bedrooms and a seperate playroom. We have a nice yard and my rent and utilities are always paid. My ex says it would be better for him to have custody and move her 1600 miles away to live with his mom in Texas.
    His mom's house is a shack to put it nicely with 4 small rooms including bathroom and it has no heating/gas hook ups so no hot water. He thinks that is better than my nice home??!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

get on the phone and call every legal assistance center you can think of. The local United Way here has listings on their website. They might in your area too. get spitting mad and show your claws. Get the child support papers, proof of everything and a lawyer for you and your girls. Get him! I'll be praying for you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What a creep! He was the one who took the pictures, right? Does that make him morally better? Too bad you are going to have to hire a lawyer to keep this creep from getting your baby.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Right now call the DAs office in your city and get yourself a public defender and get on this right away......call any friends or family that can help you out and move on this right away.....

I would say he is just trying to scare you but I think he may be serious and looking to really screw you over......

get all of your ducks in a row right now:
    document everything
    write down all old stories
    any proof you have of what he pays

Take this crap very serious, NOW!

I am sorry you are having to deal with so much!

Regards,
    leezza

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What a crock!
    I don't think it's possible for him to get any child support back. I can't believe he got a lawyer to write up these things! There are a ton of single mothers out there making a MUCH BETTER life for their kids.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just wanted to add that you might want to be careful what you say in your blog & elsewhere online. Some flakes like to take things out of context and may use them against you in some way. You taking the high road & not bad mouthing shows you are the more adult one.
    Just cover your butt, don't play his games & get some representation. Good Luck!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree with Darlene. Had someone on another forum post that DFCS paid her a visit because a BLOG READER called them out.

Back to your post, I ams so very sorry this is happening to you & I will pray that this gets resolved. I have a feeling this is a money greedy issue & has NOTHING to do with the baby! He wants the money that he "gave" you even though that was FOR the child & he'll be living (& mooching) off of momma? ((HUGGAS))

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As for your blog, I jumped over and took a gander. You need to make it private, at least for the time being!!! You have written about your money issues, which, believe me, I understand. But like Darlene said, can be taken out of context!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know it's scary....but he's bluffing. And any lawyer will take his case if he pays...so it doesn't mean he has great representation. It just means he got someone to draw up paperwork for a price. Seriously....do you have any idea how hard it is to take a child from his/her mother??? He has to PROVE you are unfit. This means...he has to prove you won't work...don't provide shelter...don't provide medical care...don't provide food. Live in filthy conditions or are an addict. Or that your children are in danger! You have family support and good living conditions and a stable job. He's nuts.
    Ask me how I know this??? My dd and her dh fought for 10 months to get his kids from the mother. She was a 3 time FELON who took the children out of the state when he was deployed and he had no idea where they were when he got home! They finally tracked her down in CA and she had moved the kids 6 times in two years...moving in the middle of the night when she was evicted from her apts. She had a felony theft charge pending in our state, and one in CA! She got sentenced to jail (30 days) when he was deployed and he didn't even know it! (her sister had the kids!) All of this and they had to fight and spend nearly 10,000to finally get custody of the kids when she went to jail. They now have full/permanent custody and she can't leave the state of CA for three years because of probation. The court cited her *unstable lifestyle* as an unfit environment. Now.....what could he possibly have that is anywhere near those conditions in your case??? They will NOT move a child 1600 miles away from a parent without damn good cause.
    I agree you should seek legal advice, but he's totally bluffing and trying to intimidate you. He's a bully. Don't let him get to you. Do not talk to him about it. Do not acknowledge it. Do not engage with him. And...he hasn't paid support??? Yeah...he's a real dope. The courts will be real impressd with that.
    Get all your ducks in a row. Take photos of your home environment, demand a home inspection. Keep copies of any school records, medical records, etc. that show consistancy on your part. Do you have a Womens' and Childrens' alliance in your area? They should be able to help you with resourses.
    Please try not to worry...he's an idiot.
    My ex also tried this....it's totally a control issue. Most men are smart enough to know the one way to hurt a woman is to threaten to take her child. It's not about the child...it's about his wanting control over your emotions and state of mind.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Also make sure you have documentation of when he did and DIDN'T pay you support. If he can't make his child support payments, how responsible can he be and can he really have her welfare at heart??? NO! Any judge worth their salt will see that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Your getting some great advice here. Just be careful. I'll be praying for you.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Get a public aid lawyer. Document everything. Make your blog private.

Keep your head up---we are cheering you on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I can only echo what everyone else has said.

Hugs to you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would get rid of the blog entirely and take any pictures down as well, even here. Document everything!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yep, get rid of the blog and get a lawyer! DIRTBAG, sigh, why do they do things like this?

Sending good thoughts from here on the farm.

kj

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast