What unmitigated nerve!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default What unmitigated nerve!

Somehow, my ex husband keeps coming up with ways to shock me with his audacity.

He asked me last week for the children's SIN #s (like SS #s in he states) so he could access the bank accounts that his parents have been contributing to for the children. I said, "No, if you want that and their birth certificates, you can pay for them like I did. I will not help you pillage our children's money."

So then..... are you sitting down? He asked Chloe, my 12 year old to borrow money. He basically wants Chloe to pay her own child support!!!!!!!

Have you ever heard of a person so low in your lives??? This is unbelievable.

I took her bank card away and put it in my purse and told her, "Just tell him Mom has my bank card, I can't help you."

And then didn't my darling precocious daughter swipe her card right out of my purse before going over there yesterday. They aren't back til Suday night, but I think I already know the ending to this story.

I am so blasted mad I am shaking just writing this. I called the bank, I called the cops and THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO!!!!

It breaks my heart, but I am going to have to let her learn the hard way wat kind of man her father is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ugh, Daisygirl, he reminds me so much of what our dad was like when we were kids and my parents divorced. Such a sleezebag! (sorry, I know he's your kids' father, but I'm really mad at him right now and don't know him from Adam). I was Dad's oldest and knew what he was like, but at the same time, he was my 'Daddy' and I fell for his crap every time.

You're right, she will learn the hard way.

He'll clean her bank account out, and then she'll have lesson #1, but it may not end there. As a kid, you want to believe that your dad has integrity and character. Till he does enough crappy stuff.

So sad for your daughters. And you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow I'm suprised at her age she even has a card I guessing this is like a debit card connected to her acct. Here in the states well at least in my area you have to be 18 yrs old. When they pull stuff like this doesn't it make you wonder who they are ? like that wasn't the person you spent so much of your time with the person you loved and made you happy at some point in your life...I know I do my ex b/c he's fregg'n idoit. Sometimes I think they do things just b/c their unhappy... My ex rears his ugly head for some retarted reason about every 4 months or so doing something that just pisses me off and it's off the wall stuff . Good luck and hang in there maybe a budget to your dd's account is in order so that her card isn't something so easily accessed.
    Last edited by momtoadiva; 02-09-2008 at 07:37 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Karen,

Maybe you should call grandpa and let him know what his son is doing......I bet that might get you a little revenge.

I am so sorry about this....

leezza

PS. is DD going to get into trouble for getting into your purse???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As a hairstylist that has 500+ clients, I thought I had heard of everything. All I can say is WOW.... he really is something else!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Call his parents & let them know. I don't know about the laws in different states but I always thought an adult was also named when these things are opened.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Leeza, she'll get in a bit of trouble, but purses aren't really sacred in my house. (It was in my mom's house, so I know just what you mean). Here I have a drawer that is a no-touch zone.

I knew you guys would understand and totally agree and sympathize with the situation.

The card is a debit card that goes to Chloe's bank account, where she saves her babysitting money. She has nearly $500 in it, all of which she has personallly earned. (Thank God she has my money sense and not her father's.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Omg!!! I cant believe he would stoop that low. what a idiot!!!! some people dont care who they hurt along the way as long as they achieve what they want at others exspense.
    I'm so sorry your still having probs with him. I though he's give up on how to be idiot in x many ways. ughhhhh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

One of her accounts was opened when we were still married and his name is on it - that is the one Grandpa has contributed to. The other account has my name on it, but it is still my daughter's account - which sadly means that she does not need my permission to access her money. It is a junior account and the only limitation is how much cash she can withdraw without me ($40). Spending, however, is unlimited so she could purchase something for him.

You guys are right, grandpa has to know.

So sad for my ex's parents that their son keeps breaking their hearts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

He is scum

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Can you remove the money from the account before she does? So sorry your ex is such a butthead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OMG!! I can not believe it! I do agree that you should let the grandparents know. Where we live, there is a guardian on the account and under 18 can not get the money with out the guardians consent. Too bad yours isn't like that. Of course it wouldn't make any difference if his name is on the account, he could access it himself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I was a kid my cousins father used to pull stuff like that all the time, he had a gambling addiction. Her parents had divorced because he almost cost them their family home and my aunt finally kicked him out.
    My cousin didn't understand why daddy needed money all the time and was angry with her mother for not helping him when he kept getting himself into financial trouble. Now that my cousin is an adult she has realised her mother was protecting her and has nothing to do with her dad, she calls him a loser. Sad but she figured out who was the good guy eventually.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

I'm so sorry that you have to keep dealing with this. There's a saying in our neck of the woods: "You can't fix stupid." Sounds like you are dealing with stupid. And as long as he is the father of your girls, you'll have to keep on dealing with him. I really admire how you are creating a good life for your children and protecting them. Meanwhile, let the grandparents know, have a good talk with the girls, and do whatever it takes to protect your accounts, etc. Let us know what happens.
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Can you ring up the bank and report the card as "lost or stolen" to put an immediate freeze on it. It WAS stolen....!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast