I had personally decided to step back from the debate forum for quite a while. I was letting it get too personal and it was taking up way too much of my time (I'm a little OCD, if you hadn't noticed ~ seriously, diagnosed, and everything) and I was having a hard time letting some arguments go.

I've been lurking around on the main board, but hadn't posted much at all ~ and frugalness is what brought me here to begin with. So, I'm happy to just focus on that for now.

I will say, the reason I enjoyed debating here instead of on other political boards is because I felt that in the end we were still all friends and it was "safe" here (for lack of a better word). The debates were a sidenote to what this board is really all about.

I let it become my main focus and therefore I needed to step back.

I think taking a break from debating is what's best for my own sanity right now and I sincerely hope that Gabe and Sarah decide to reopen it, but if they don't I will respect that decision and just go play with all of my frugal friends on the rest of the playground.

As far as people leaving because of the debates, I do find that a little immature simply because Sarah made it perfectly clear in the very beginning that it was a volunteer forum and that you enter at your own risk. If people found it uncomfortable, they could always leave (angrypuppy left and he only knows what goes on in the forums if he reads over my shoulder or if I tell him what people have said).

Anyhoo, that's my .02...Have a great day, everyone!