Announcement In regards to signatures-
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Announcement In regards to signatures-

Read our terms of service:
    [ame="https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97342"]Frugal Village Forums[/ame]

In regards to signatures-

Effective immediately, any signatures with links that are promotional, commercial, monetarily benefit the poster, and/or otherwise conflicting or competing with this website will be subject to an advertising fee. Recruiting members is against our terms of service.

Any signature ads that have not been paid for or removed within a week's time, will be removed.

This doesn't apply to ebay (unless it's a business ebay store) or half.com links, nor does it apply to personal non-commercial sites that are not of the same nature as FV. Any site that runs banner ads, affiliate links, or promotes a business is not considered a non-commerical personal site. This also excludes signatures that have been granted personal permission from me.

Links will be deleted by our own discretion.

Please contact me if you have any questions regarding your ad payment. (ie. multiple signature rates, mailing address, paypal information, renewal, etc)

Also, if your link is displayed here, a reciprocal link is expected and appreciated.

FV is a place that fosters trust amongst it's members and all ad payments go toward the growth of the community, so directly benefit the community. Advertisers will be awarded an angel avatar for their award case that shows they have contributed advertising funds to FV.

Fees for Single Advertisement signatures:

1 month trial signature ad
    $30.00
    Mini banner in signature $55.00

3 Month Advertising Signature

Signature: $60.00
    Signature & mini banner $90.00

6 Month Advertising Signature

Signature: $80.00
    Signature & mini Banner $120.00

One year Advertising Signature

Signature: $300.00
    Signature & mini banner: $350.00

Sara
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

good idea.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the info & heads up!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Really good idea

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do you have to pay for blog link ?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes any/all sites that fall within these guidelines are subject to an ad fee.
    We will be replacing our old directory soon with a new one and will offer discounted listings to current members of our network. I'll share further details once the service is available.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This thread is a few years old. Have the prices changed?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes. The prices have changed, but I updated the prices so what is posted is current.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Reminder that blog links that are not on villageblogger.com are subject to an advertising fee. If you haven't paid for advertising, your signature will be edited. It is unfair to the various sponsors that pay for advertising. It's also unfair to members that are and have been following this rule.

Advertising is how this site remains free. Community members can be confident that any ads that are viewed help defray the costs for this community, so if you are displaying an ad and haven't paid for it, you are going against our policy.

There are plenty of places that permit free advertising, recruiting, self promotion, and spamming. This is not one of them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Seems reasonable to me. I actually have a business that I might want to purchase an ad for, and was wondering about the ones that I've seen in people's signatures. I'm always happier to buy from a friend - and that is how I feel about people here!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just a reminder, that this is a rule here. I request you remove your signature if it isn't according to the rules. I've considered a big flashing spam banner in award cases. Because that's what it is to me. Or any links that have been approved can have a FV "seal of approval" image in their award case to show it's met an acceptable link. If uncertain if your link is acceptable, message me. But I think this is pretty clear, no?
    Some longstanding members have been granted permission to have their links included. This is for their years of participating on FV and it's the least I can do to thank them.

It's time to tighten things up here on the forums again. There are a lot of new people and I know the rules are one area that haven't been made clear enough.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

To clarify and make is as clear as possible.

Links are allowed if granted permission.
    Links are allowed that are nonprofit. No ads can be on the site or blog. Unless it's a village blogger blog. No links that are of the same nature of FV. (competing on any level) Including blogs. Unless permission has been granted.
    Charity links are welcome.
    I do allow eBay ads. Flickr and Etsy, but no other referral links. (No referral links even in posts. This was something agreed upon by the majority of the community via poll) I've always been flexible on changing this, but this is what the majority wanted.
    If linking in your signature and not paying for an ad, you must link back to FV or my blog. If paying for an ad, of course you don't have to link back.
    If you are a work at home mom with a reputable company such as Tupperware, Avon, etc, 9/10 I allow this without an advertising fee.

And to be totally clear, longstanding member doesn't mean you registered 4 years ago and posted 10 times. I mean longstanding active/participating members.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds fair. Thanks for this wonderful and free Village!!!