Anyone else having problems? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    You should start to see the problems in a few minutes I assume if history repeats itself.
    It was 'fairly slow' getting in to this post....but didn't get any message.

What sort of info will help?......if I can do the ticket.......didn't you ask someone for 'screen' info? What do you need besides IE 8 and comcast?

And speak 'my english'.......I don't 'do' computer lingo.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

well not sure why its loading slow. Have you tried a different browser to see if it fixes anything?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

(its pretty fast here right now)

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    I got a '404 Server Error' message briefly when I tried to post however my browser refreshed and the village reloaded just fine. I did lose my post to a thread though. I just retyped my answer and it posted fine.

this can also be created by the server not liking you. ha! *joking*
    It is something I am working with on the server with some engineers.

Hang in there and keep me posted with problems faced on the forums.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSan999 View Post
    I only started getting thru as of last night. No, better to say it would take about 10 minutes (NO less ) to turn the page. Get a cup of coffee, go to bathroom, take a nap etc. As of last night it was somewhat better. I did do the dns (?) dump as Gabe said and if that was helped then it took about a week to work. So don't know. I think I have a problem with the ads on the pages. Some pages are worse than others. But all of them run across the bottom of the internet page. You know, lower left and when finished loading it says done, like now. They are all ads. Look as the page is trying to load and see if that is what is happening on your end also. This dosen't happen on any other website, only this one and it's killing me cause I admit I'm addicted. I'm hooked but crap, this is ridiculous. If any other website were also doing it I'd say maybe it was my computer but not one. McAfee is also having a field day with the site advisor. But as you are trying to load watch the lower left bottom bar.

Also the problem was worse with example...tab challenges, not much problem at all BUT to get into an individual post like no spend , THAT"S what would take 10 minutes to load. Or more. After finally getting in to read I'd click say new posts, not much problem BUT an individual posting of something, again, big problem.
    Might try the dns dump thing if you haven't. But whatever helped took about a week to the day. It's also a little on the slow side today but last night was good. I'm on internet explorer 7 and have broadband ( I think, but whatever it is is really quick, almost immediate )

Checking into this on my side.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gabe crackle.com has attempted to hi jack the browser. I know this but could never find the ad on any of your pages. Last night I saw it at the top of one of the pages so know that it is coming from here. No I do not remember which page. Immediately when your page came to the one with the ad at the top it tried hi jacking and McAfee stopped it.
    One it cannot or dosen't stop is China Tv. It hi jacks over and over. Once the crackle ad appeared China Tv hi jacked over and over and consistently took me to their page.
    Some of the ones that appear in the lower left that freeze up the computer are buddytv, crackle, pubads ( and this one is apparently a place that people can hire to find ads for their website. I googled it and did alot of reading. I read the reviews.
    The ones that look like the most trouble are the TV type media ads.
    When all this happened was the same night you switched servers.
    Another thing I remember didn"t debcat say she had problems the next day and thought it was a virus but her husband fixed it
    still think it is some of the new ads
    I don't mind ads at all but the problem ones we can do without.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh forgot, the pubads ( I think this is what the name is ) the reviews on it are nasty. Reviewers talk about their (pubads )clients ads hijacking browsers and such. And when my McAfee site advisor stops one of their ads it come back with it attempted to hijack THEIR ( mcafee's pretend browser ). Hard to explain.
    Ok, just googles Pubads and that is not the company. It is very close tho and has ran across the bottom many times already this morning but need to find the exact spelling. hope this helps
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No error messages but I had a hard time logging on. I tried three times before it would actually let me in and the weird thing is that the process did its thing but when it was done it was the same screen as not being logged in. I also posted in a couple of threads but either they didn't post or only I cannot see them.

Other than that no complaints, my internet connection is being quite snappy for once and I am able to get between threads quite quickly to day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    this can also be created by the server not liking you. ha! *joking*
    It is something I am working with on the server with some engineers.

Hang in there and keep me posted with problems faced on the forums.
    Gabe you been talking with the bf lately? LOL You're saying the exact same thing he does - server not liking me...hmph!

I just got another 404 error....but I was able to get back into the forums and get to this thread. Here's a copy of the error message (not that you don't already know what it looks like).

Home » 404 Not Found
    Error 404 - Not Found

Ooops, I cannot find you the page you are looking for. You may try to search my site another keyword or use the navigation on your right to browse my site.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not sure if this info can be of any help, but I will throw it out there just in case.
    I did an experiment. I unhooked my DSL and used the dialup on this computer. WindowsXP. I could NOT finish loading this site. I only get the very top of the frame. Just one line under the Pillsbury ad. Rest of page was white and said DONE in the bottom left corner.
    If I use either computer and use DSL, I can load this site and move around just fine. I only get the server busy message once in awhile.
    I think in my case what makes the BIG difference is my DSL connection. I checked the speed. It is 12.0 mbps.
    Dial up is only 21.6 kps.

Gabe , I know you shake your head at my 11 yr old, win98 computer. But even when sick this past week, that computer DID load this site in full, and I was able to log in, and post to threads. I know it was because of the DSL connection.
    I got no 404 errors, and no server busy errors this past week using the old computer. So that computer maybe old and cranky but it will work on this site.
    So is the connection speed a bigger factor here ??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No problems here. No slowness, no errors.

A suggestion for those with problems. If you are using IE....switch to a different browser. When I went from IE to FireFox, the difference was AMAZING!

Another perk with FireFox is you can add an ad-blocker. I turn it off when I want to go do some click throughs for the Village, but otherwise it's off and I don't see ads. None.

http://www.firefox.com

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSan999 View Post
    Gabe crackle.com has attempted to hi jack the browser. I know this but could never find the ad on any of your pages. Last night I saw it at the top of one of the pages so know that it is coming from here. No I do not remember which page. Immediately when your page came to the one with the ad at the top it tried hi jacking and McAfee stopped it.
    One it cannot or dosen't stop is China Tv. It hi jacks over and over. Once the crackle ad appeared China Tv hi jacked over and over and consistently took me to their page.
    Some of the ones that appear in the lower left that freeze up the computer are buddytv, crackle, pubads ( and this one is apparently a place that people can hire to find ads for their website. I googled it and did alot of reading. I read the reviews.
    The ones that look like the most trouble are the TV type media ads.
    When all this happened was the same night you switched servers.
    Another thing I remember didn"t debcat say she had problems the next day and thought it was a virus but her husband fixed it
    still think it is some of the new ads
    I don't mind ads at all but the problem ones we can do without.
    Niko--I googled crackle virus/spyware and from this site I found: http://www.techsupportforum.com/micr...com-virus.html It sounds as if your computer has been infected with something that is causing this crackle.com to do this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMom View Post

A suggestion for those with problems. If you are using IE....switch to a different browser. When I went from IE to FireFox, the difference was AMAZING!

Another perk with FireFox is you can add an ad-blocker. I turn it off when I want to go do some click throughs for the Village, but otherwise it's off and I don't see ads. None.

I found the same thing.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    I found the same thing.
    And I make #3
    ~Russ

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm on firefox as well...but I don't have errors with the ad's ... its with the servers.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast