Ignore? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ignore?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think my problem was that I had him on "ignore" before he became a mod. When he became a mod, all of a sudden, he wasn't on my ignore anymore. When I tried to "ignore" him once more, I found I was not able to do so, so I had to PM Sara. Maybe they changed their policy since then and now allow you to ignore mods.

The recipes kill me. I put some on here specifically so I could find them in the future, and now they are pretty much lost.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    I fear the recipes are gone for good. Too bad, too, they used to be such a great resource.
    ARE YOU SERIOUS?????? You think so? I had soooo many to try. Some I copied off onto my computer, but I left a LOT of info in the favorites.......and not just recipes. I found my 'folders'......but didn't have a lot of things in folders yet.

Hey........SD.........what would I do w/o the FV 'drama' in my life???? Some days you just HAVE to participate........other days---not so much!!!

(Starting to rain again............guess I can go do more 'house hunting'.............found one in Boise yesterday with a PERFECT kitchen..........ABSOLUTELY PERFECT............and that is about all I liked about it!!!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I keep paper copies of any recipes that really matter to me. I'm glad I grabbed a bunch off of here before the big change, or I would not have been a happy villager. I still looked stuff up online quite often but having the hard copy back-up ended up being a lifesaver.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I keep paper copies of any recipes that really matter to me. I'm glad I grabbed a bunch off of here before the big change, or I would not have been a happy villager. I still looked stuff up online quite often but having the hard copy back-up ended up being a lifesaver.
    Yes, stupid me, I copied some from paper onto FV, thinking then I wouldn't have to worry about losing them. Every once in a while, I try to go paperless, typically with miserable results.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've learned that one the hard way. I'm old enough to know better but sometimes I slip up myself.

I do miss being able to browse the recipes and find new things as something piques my interest, though. There's an amazing wealth of make-your-own information amongst FVer's past and present, and the recipe section was a great storehouse of valuable info.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

LOL! FF, no need for you to go peek-see at all.

I think the ignore thread feature would go a long ways toward reducing friction on the forum, at least some of the time.

MH, I've put mods on ignore at times and didn't need any permission.

I fear the recipes are gone for good. Too bad, too, they used to be such a great resource.
    I brought up the recipes yesterday while talking to Gabe. The problem is the coder hasn't made an update in over a year. I won't let all of those recipes be incomplete. So even if I have to hand type them all again, I will.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Is there a way volunteers on these forums could help re-type the recipes? I would be able to help with that, if so. I bet others would be willing to help as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I could type a few if needed.. I think we need lol button..didn't know there was an ignore feature.....drama si what it is if u want to play u can.. I have enough of my own drama at times...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Back to the original question...I see where back in May it was mentioned that we may get the ignore feature back. Is that still in the works?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thank you Sara. I sure hope it won't come to hand typing! I would be sad if polly's recipes. Esp. since hse is awol now. Just don't ask me to tyoe. Dang I am a dyslexic typer!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Bumping this up to get it addressed as soon as is possible if it is possible. ??? Being able to ignore threads and forums makes navigating and commenting on items of interest much faster leading to more new content!~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How do you do this feature?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by ARCMOMMY View Post
    How do you do this feature?
    ~It was available beside the thread title or under the forum tools tab on the last version of the forums. Since the update, this feature has not been added back in. So for now you can't ignore. ~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think getting that feature back would help cut down on conflicts, too. It's easier to resist clicking on something controversial if you can just hit ignore and never see it again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I understand totally what thread you are talking about. I don't really want the possibility to ignore people, generally people are very friendly inhere. But sometimes the discussion can just get too much, up to the point it gets unpleasant.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast