Signature Character Limit?
    jmd
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Signature Character Limit?

I attempted to add a challenge tally to my signature; however, I got a message saying there is a character limit of 600 (600 something, I don't remember the exact number). I've seen other signatures with a lot more characters than I was trying. Is the limit new or did I do something wrong? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I did a search for "signature" and did not find a reference to character limits.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have to agree, some of them are REAL LONG. Do we really need to know ALL that about someone? Isn't that what a blog is for?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by josantoro View Post
    I have to agree, some of them are REAL LONG. Do we really need to know ALL that about someone? Isn't that what a blog is for?
    Thank you. I agree and actually said something similar a while back. In fact, blogs have a feed on FV main page, so will attract eyeballs other than just forum members. BUT a greater part of me is just happy that people are setting goals and keeping track, so, well, itz-zalrite. LOL

JMD,
    I'm not sure if the signature limit has been changed. Sometimes Gabe goes in there and changes something and I'm not aware of it. We do have a rule in place on super long signatures, but I don't have any recollection of this being recently pared down even more. I will have to ask him. It's possible some people have longer signatures because they were members before the signature limit was changed. Meaning longstanding members and it was changed a while ago and not that it's been recently changed. To clarify..I know at some point the signature limit was changed, but it was years ago. It's possible, it was changed again but I don't think it was.

If you message me the signature that you want. I might be able to place it on my end for you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

jmd
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you for your helpful and prompt reply, Sara. I don't need a long signature; I mostly just wondered why I couldn't add my shorter one when I saw some people had longer ones than I was attempting.