I can't edit - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can't edit

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ltd, ok its not working again, I tried everything you said, and it doesn't work. Why would this just start in the last couple weeks? Then it only works once in awhile.

I even totally signed out and restarted the computer and it didnt work.

When I try the go advanced, it doesn't change anything. I hope I am doing this right.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wanted to add, couldn't edit again, but shouldn't my post show up when I click qucik reply? I have to go to new posts to find it. I usually check for spelling etc.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I am not a real technical person, so I probably can't explain it all to you.

I know with my windows 7 and my DSL line, I am usually happy with how I can move around on this site.
    This computer I bought new less than 6 months ago. If this site gets bogged down with too many ads , etc,
    I won't be able to use it, and I will say good bye. I refuse to go to windows 10. It is on my other machine and I
    dislike it.

All I can think is to pay attention to what ads are showing on the page you are typing on. I know if I was having
    problems, I would question the new ads seriously.

Some computer cookies on this site also. They sure know where I been searching. They show me ads all the time,
    for what I been viewing online on other sites. Not to my liking at all.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LTD, I dont have an ad problem, I think that was SD.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi,

Let's see if I can help root out what the issue is by asking less technical questions. Is there a section on the site that you are able to edit your posts? By section what I mean is Hobby, General Chat, FV Neighborhood, etc.

~Sheena

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi,
    No all sections seem to be the same, only once in awhile it will let me edit, I have never had this problem before.

Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, just tried to edit again and it wont work.

Why do I have to go up to whats new and click on my post to see it?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I looked through the posts and I didn't see if anyone suggested clearing your cookies to see if the problem resolves. If you are using windows and haven't added any other browsers to your computer, then you are probably using Internet Explorer. Here's the instructions for deleting cookies using IE

Delete and manage cookies in Internet Explorer - Windows Help

Let us know how that works.

Kevin

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Thanks for the help, but you have to understand, I am pretty computer stupid, so please put up with my questions!

I tried to refresh and edit, it wont work.

I think apps are on cell phones? I am on a laptop and using msn. Not sure what browser means.
    To the moderator trying to help: after spending most of my day at work looking through an ancient computer, I think she means she has msn explorer with the I am using msn. https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSN_Explorer
    Pinetree: If this is the case, can you ask a more computersavvy person around you if it is possible to upgrade to internet explorer? It is a bit more difficult, but this browser hasn't been updated in 5 years. So that might explain some of the problems you are having.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12