I can't edit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't edit

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default I can't edit

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong, I click on edit, but it wont let me change anything.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There's only a certain length of time you can edit. If you tried right away, there may be a software glitch.
    ~Russ

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi,

It looks like there is a 30 min editing limit for those who wish to edit their posts. There is a 30 min limit on editing titles too.

~Sheena

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, I tried right away, I am aware of the 30 minute time limit.

I usually post quick reply, then notice words spelled wrong, and it wont let me go back in to edit. I have even waited for 10 minutes, went back and it still won't let me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Like now, I could not edit to add then I hit the quick reply, my post does not show up, I have to go to whats new, click and find it there. It use to show up when I posted it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

After you make a post, have you tried refreshing the page and seeing if it allows you to edit?
    What device and browser/app are you trying to edit on?

Richard.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the help, but you have to understand, I am pretty computer stupid, so please put up with my questions!

I tried to refresh and edit, it wont work.

I think apps are on cell phones? I am on a laptop and using msn. Not sure what browser means.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't understand why there's a thirty minute time limit on editing. I hate when I read something I've posted a day later and realize I skipped a word or misspelled a word or made some other mistake, and I can't change it. Frustrating.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, browser equals Microsoft windows explorer or chrome for your operating system.
    It is the window you work in and load internet pages.

I use a desktop computer to get on this site with. My computer is a windows 7 professional HP.
    I refuse to upgrade to a internet explorer 10. That is on my other computer, the cheap Acer and
    I hate it. I have a DSL line for my internet connection via the land line phone.

I did a copy / paste of the definition of a app.
    " An app is a type of software that allows you to perform specific tasks. Applications for desktop or laptop computers are sometimes called desktop applications, and those for mobile devices are called mobile apps. When you open an application, it runs inside the operating system until you close it. Most of the time, you will have more than one application open at the same time, and this is known as multitasking."

I think you could write a email to yourself for your posts and then copy and paste it to here. I have done such things in the past
    And or before you hit submit, copy your post, in case it goes poof.

I can edit my posts at any time, but that is a mod benefit.

I think the 30 minutes is to make sure that you don't come back a few days later and change things all around.

If you make a bad oops in a post, you could email a mod to fix it for you.

I know the ads on this site drive me wild at times. It might be what is affecting your editing.

Just trying a edit to see what happens. It went okay.

Another thought, are you using a QUICK REPLY box or a advanced box ?
    I use the quick one, most of the time.

I am not sure what that crazy DOWNLOAD request is, I get at the bottom of pages, but I am
    sick of it. If I do a post, it pops up in my face to do a bunch of downloads.
    It's a real turnoff for me on this site.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I sometimes write posts in Word if I suspect I'm going to have problems posting, like when my internet is acting up.

This is the only forum I've ever been on that limits editing times. I'm used to it now but it still seems strange. AFAIK, having people edit things later on never was a problem on the camping board I've been on for sixteen years, most of that time as a moderator. But maybe there was a problem here I'm not aware of that made them set up that option.

I've used Ad Block Plus for years and never have to be bugged by ads. I wouldn't mind ads if they didn't drag speed down so much. Except pop up ads which are just heinously annoying.

Thanks for the info, LTD.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD for the spelling you can choose to have your spelling checked in the browser too if you want. I have firefox as a browser and just simple right clicking gave me the option to have my spelling checked. As English is not my native language and school English inhere is British English, it is a big help for me. Sorry, I realized after typing that you were typing in word because of the connection, but I still thought it might help someone .
    The reason why you can't edit posts endlessly is probably because it can make threads very hard to follow. Sometimes when I read old threads, I can't find the post they are referring to because it has been deleted, which can make things pretty annoying, my guess is this is why you can't edit after a certain time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LTD, kinda sounds like we have the same thing, I will have to get DH to help me, whatever you said might as well been latin.

I dont use firefox, chrome, only I think microsoft windows, I havent upgraded either.

ugh...

This time it let me edit..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What if you pay attention to what ads are on the page ? Maybe one of them is what is working against what you are trying to do ?

Another thought I had is, what if you sign out, close the window you are working in, then open up a new window and then come
    back to this site. Then log back in, find your last post and then try to edit. And or try to edit in the advanced box instead of the
    quick reply box. Sometimes the window explorer has a glitch and things don't respond and I have had to close out and start from scratch again. Like something corrupted and no fix, but to end it, and start over.

That romando cars ad is being a PITA , when I just tried to edit now.
    I had to move to advanced box to type this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey there guys,

Thank you ladytoysdream, for helping out!
    Regarding the add issues you mentioned in your above posts, can you provide us images of them?
    The "DOWNLOAD" pop up you mentioned, does this happen often?
    Also the romando cars ad, you said was being a pain, how so?

pinetree, I'm glad the editing is working correctly.
    If it does continue, try out lady's suggestions above.

Richard.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The cars ad just seems to slow things down for me, as I wait for the box to come back open if I do a edit.

The download box is usually just a one line thing at the bottom of my pages. QUITE often, but not all the time.

The other download box is a lot bigger, like 1/6 of my screen, smack dab in the middle of the page.
    With like 8 downloads requests in the one box. Has happened like 3 times now.
    I will see if and when it does it again, if I can get a pic with my cell phone.

I was going to reply with quote, but that is just spinning above this box and won't finish the task.
    So I am doing a quick reply.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast