new link rule
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new link rule

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default new link rule

In an effort to keep the forums higher quality, from today on, any links that are linked out must have some sort of personal comment and opinion about the link and not simply a link out.

Example, if there's an article/site you have seen and you want to link to it, you now must have a personal opinion or comment on the article/site or don't post it.

Without the "brainwork" of adding your own thoughts, it dilutes the forums and makes it a link directory. In other words, a link must now bring something to the table by its poster or it's not permitted.

Comments such as check this link out, great site and isn't this cute, do not count as valid comments/opinions.

I'm not in any way pointing fingers. I've personally done this literally hundreds of times through the years, but it's time for that to change.

Thank you.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Makes sense to me, I've been guilty of this myself.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Consider the difference between these two posts...

Check out www.frugalvillage.net

or

I came across an article on www.frugalvillage.net about the american dream and it brought me to thinking about what I considered the american dream to be. (add your opinion, comments here)

This draws in a conversation that brings something to the quality of the forums vs. just a thanks for the link from a member that replies.

FV is a sharing community where experiences, thoughts, and questions are welcomed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Is this inclusive of the freebies link?

For example can we type out check out www.coffeemate.com for a free smaple. Or do we need to expand?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Excludes freebie links.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default forgive and love

I'm sorry, i know i have violated a bunch of rules. but realize i am just a man, i didnt read the directions. I dont even know where they are. I just haphazardly skipping thru. i will be careful. I am seeing a lot of terms and words i dont understand. where do i go read the rules. i dont want to get booted. thinks like RRSP and highjacked a thread.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just a heads up for those that might have missed this post.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I skip links a lot of times if someone doesn't explain what's so neat about it, so this makes sense to me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Posts not complying with this rule are being deleted. If your post vanishes, you're welcome to repost it if you can add additional information with the link.
    To clarify...no links out without an opinion, supporting facts, comparisons, or information. The breadth of discussion improves which maintains the integrity of the forums.
    Basically, everyone has an opportunity to bring something to the table. If you ever wonder why your posts don't get a high response, this very well could be one reason why.
    It's been stated a few times through the years that members aren't diverse or don't welcome differing opinions and that simply isn't so. To prove the fact that we are indeed more than a collective single cell brain, we need to reflect that in our posts.
    I'm not in any way saying that daily life postings and idle chit chat are not welcome. They are. I am, however, saying that in order to maintain a high quality of participation, discussions need to warrant it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

well now - alrighty then.

I think someone missed the entire POINT.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree with you Sara and will comply. In my opinion this is the better forum and continues to get better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Also, the news that posts with my name are automatic feeds. They post a mini excerpt and link. I've deleted a couple sources to slow down how many feeds are being posted because different news sources were reporting the exact same stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

THANK you!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gotta love efficiency! I really enjoy the Village.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So glad I came upon this. I have been gone for a few years now and I know in the past I have just posted links. So I will make sure that I include a comment when posting now. Thanks! Lynn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast