Multiple registrations and usernames
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Multiple registrations and usernames

It amazes me how people think they are getting away with something. You aren't. In some cases, it's innocent and a member can't login, so they create a new account. In other situations, it's a member that has been previously removed, coming back pretending like it's their very first time here.

I typically ask the person if they want their other account deleted. But I don't make it a habit of babysitting each account.

The rule is one account per person. If we've had an issue in the past, contact me and let's see if we can work it out.

It is just plain wrong to come here and try to fool community members. Mistakes happen. And I'm a forgiving person, so simply contact me instead of being a weirdo. It's just seems like a lot of work to try and fool everyone when you don't have to.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have three accounts in our house. DH has had one for years. He actually registered here way before I did. I believe his is something like ChrisCPA and has probably never posted. DD has one and she goes by Kit. I think she only has a post or two and I believe I made one of those posts when she did not log out one day.

Do I need to have their accounts deleted since they are all from the same household, but different people?
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No. You're fine. Multiple users per household or two accounts for home/work are an exception. Some members have problems accessing the forums from work vs. home and a few people have spousal accounts.

In most situations, multiple accounts is fine. Some people don't want to "bother" me or they haven't visited in years, so re-register. That's fine. But let me know and I'll delete the old account or give you access to your old account.

My concern are the handful that have 5-10 accounts. Yes. There are many of them! And these are people re-registering simply to be trolls. So, my point is, you folks with 20 accounts that think you're some sort of enigma, you're not.

If a person has been removed for ANY reason. Contact me if you'd like to return. Approach me without being a weirdo, and almost always access is restored. I do believe in second chances and I always try to see the best in others.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Some people have WAYYYY too much time on their hands.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree that some people have way too much time on their hands. Here we have 2 accounts from my puter...me & my dd registered after I told her about the sight. She can't afford internet service so she uses ours. She's not a poster, but she loves to read all the information & ideas. I figured since she has 5 kids living under their roof she could use insight from people besides just me.
    "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon
    "Infinite goodness has wide arms." Dante

Change & Penny Challenges:
    Penny :
    Change :

2020 Coupon Savings and Perks Challenge:
    $172.82

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't think people realize just how easy it is to track people when they register & post online.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope your not talking about me, I did "try" to register multiple names WAYYYY BACK THEN! If it's me I apologize in advance.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm not talking about you. That was then. This is now.
    I'm concerned with current, ongoing and unresolved situations.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's funny~I feel like I live a sheltered little life IRL (which I do)....I must be sheltered and naive here too, cause I have NO idea about all the "drama" of multiple IDs, or the profanity issue......glad you're on it though, Sara.
    Thanks for all you do......
    ~ from my sheltered little corner of the world!
    (Sara, sorry, didn't mean that you were trying to cause "drama".....I think it's good that you are looking out for those ppl that just want to cause trouble....'course I have no idea about any trouble......)
    Last edited by IntlMom; 03-07-2008 at 05:52 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by IntlMom View Post
    I must be sheltered and naive here too, cause I have NO idea about all the "drama" of multiple IDs, or the profanity issue......glad you're on it though, Sara.
    I must be completely oblivious!

Thanks Sara, for making this a fun, informative & safe place to visit!

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ya know, it's funny, just the other day I was thinking that a newer person's post reminded me very much of a person who left the site a few years ago. Now you have me wondering...