I have a soap related problem

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default I have a soap related problem

I'm making up bath salts for a fundraiser and accidentally grabbed the bottle of 'candle making scents' instead of the 'soap making scents'. I realized it AFTER I made up 12 qt sized jars of the stuff. The candle making scent says 'avoid contact with skin' so I can't sell it as bath salts. But I've already put my money into it - soooo...any ideas on how I could market this anyway?? Would people buy it as a room freshener kind of thing? How could I assemble it so it's something cute they want to buy? Most of these are moms so I was thinking it'd be nice to have some kind of lid on it. They're currently in canning jars...do you think some kind of veiling on top would work? Or do you have any other ideas?

Thanks!! I'm going to post this in the candle forum too.

Master Dollar Stretcher LastDragonfly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malapert View Post
    I'm making up bath salts for a fundraiser and accidentally grabbed the bottle of 'candle making scents' instead of the 'soap making scents'. I realized it AFTER I made up 12 qt sized jars of the stuff. The candle making scent says 'avoid contact with skin' so I can't sell it as bath salts. But I've already put my money into it - soooo...any ideas on how I could market this anyway?? Would people buy it as a room freshener kind of thing? How could I assemble it so it's something cute they want to buy? Most of these are moms so I was thinking it'd be nice to have some kind of lid on it. They're currently in canning jars...do you think some kind of veiling on top would work? Or do you have any other ideas?

Thanks!! I'm going to post this in the candle forum too.
    Can you market it as car freshener? and make those cute little organza bags? Put it under the front seat outta site, but not outta mind. It will smell nice everytime you get into the car.

Just a thought

Or put a sign "limited edition" when you decide to sell it and people will think maybe they should buy two because you will not make them available anymore.