Anyone make Body Scrubs? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

These are great! Thanks Franny!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The eucalyptus smell from the Body Shop was sugar based and a very strong smell. I could smell it for a whole day throughout my bathroom and master bedroom when I used it.

Thanks for the recipes!

I bet the cost to make it is half the cost to buy it. I think I paid $18 for a large container.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FF - mahalo for the recipes - when you say that we can substitute olive oil for almond oil - what kind of olive oil? The same kind we use for cooking? Also, where do you get essential oils? Can you tell I'm a newbie at this? Mahalo!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Kim_Mango View Post
    I bet the cost to make it is half the cost to buy it. I think I paid $18 for a large container.
    Other than the oils, the cost is MINIMAL....you can tell by the ingredients. And since you only use a 'few drops' of oil....they aren't really too bad either.

The Euc. is such a strong smell anyway....bet if you had the oils it would be close to the same. I have even hung an Euc. stem/branch in my shower.......it helps my sinuses.

Quote Originally Posted by mauimagic View Post
    FF - mahalo for the recipes - when you say that we can substitute olive oil for almond oil - what kind of olive oil? The same kind we use for cooking? Also, where do you get essential oils? Can you tell I'm a newbie at this? Mahalo!!
    Hey MM, you might be a newbie, but trust me, once you start making these you will be hooked......and talk about easy!!! And they make GREAT gifts!!

I have people saving the plastic Garber baby food containers for me. They are rectangular.....easy to get your fingers into - cap comes off easy but they do have a cap - cover the top and/or sides with some cute fabric or ??whatever (the top says Gerber on it) and wa-la.....cute gift!

Yes, substitute any UNFLAVORED olive oil.....I buy the cheap stuff for this.......use the more expensive for cooking. But unless it is a 'garlic' flavored or something......use whatever is in your cupboard.

The essential oils can sometimes be found at a health food store or Jo Ann's carries some...........in the soap section. Since you will be putting these on your body the essential oils will be better than the 'fragrance' oils.......be sure to check. Think Michaels carries some too........or they used to. Not sure but WM might even carry them........not sure what section they would be in........

If you can't find them in stores in your area, get back to me. I have lots of addresses on-line that carry them...but that means shipping charges.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You must be a mind reader FF - I just checked back here and was wondering if you had responded to my questions - and there you are - right at the top of the line!! Mahalo - I really appreciate it!!

I am very happy that I can use regular olive oil. That's what I am using on my skin at night and I've been very happy with the results. Now I need to find some small jars. I can see how easy it would be to get hooked!!

Just remember that I think someone gave me some eucalyptus oil - shall check it out!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bath fizzies are another super fun thing to make!! Even kids can have great fun with these....well, BIG kids too!

Would anyone here use them? Want the recipe?

I don't make them that often as I am more of a 'shower taker' than a bath. But I always have to have some to give to my friend that uses the bath tub more than the shower. So if you take baths.........you will love them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Of course we want the recipe - sounds like fun and will be a perfect gift for the preschoolers!! Mahalo!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not sure THAT young could handle it........they start to fizz if you get too much water on them, while making them.

I will dig out the recipe tomorrow - or over the weekend and post it here.

They only take two or three items........once of which is citric acid that you can get in bags - super cheap- at a wine making shop........or beer making. Some groc. stores will carry it (in the canning section) but it is three times the price than the wine making shop, as you need a 'fair amt.' of it. They are DIRT CHEAP to make and if you have no molds to use you can just roll them in a ball. They sell for 3 to 4 dollars EACH at the craft shows here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've seen those at fairs and even purchased them!! How about the different colors? This will be fun!! Mahalo and goodnight!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mauimagic View Post
    I've seen those at fairs and even purchased them!! How about the different colors? This will be fun!! Mahalo and goodnight!!
    It food coloring.......added a drop at a time.......pick some up at the dollar store!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mahalo!! Can you use regular food coloring to color HM soap bars - without color coming off when used?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maybe someone else will post about this, if they have done it...........I have never tried it........and don't think I would.

Having a red or green armpit or 'other places' is not something I would want to contend with.......

JA and Michaels also carries the coloring for soap.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I want to make the bath bombs but I don't have the ingredients on hand.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow! You all are so creative! Thanks for all the tips!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the recipes, FF! I just love bath salts, scrubs, oils, etc. I'm particularly fond of the Carol's Daughter line of products but not so fond of the prices. Would love to try some HM versions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast