Anyone from Arkansas or Mississippi??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Anyone from Arkansas or Mississippi??

I just moved to Jonesboro, Arkansas from Kosciusko, Mississippi. Anyone from around either of these areas?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default From Jackson, MS

Hi Terri - I was born and raised in Jackson - and am currently out-of-sorts living in WV! I used to participate in an annual Craft Show up in Kosciusko - it was a blast! We took the Trace from the RB Reservoir up there - the drive was awesome, especially in the early am hours with the sun rising .. I am soooooo homesick!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

WOW...it really is a small world! Was the craft show associated with the Natchez Trace Festival? We had one during that time and one close to the fair. There may have been others that I was not aware of...

I LOVE to drive up the Natchez Trace too. It is beuatiful. The beginning of every season is the prettiest to me. Did you know any people from Kosciusko? I was always going to Jackson before I moved to Arkansas. That is where all the shopping and good eating had to be done

So...what took all the way to WV? It is nice to know someone is from my neck of the woods...

Talk to you soon!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

Wow - it is great to hear from you! I am at my Dads home in VA tonight and I asked him about the Natchez Trace Festival - he said he believed that's the one - we did the Canton Flea Market and every craft show we could manage to get to while we were living back home. Daddy won second place at the show in Kosciusko one year for a jewelry box he handcrafted, it was beautiful. I am sorry to say we didnt know anyone there personally, we just came up for the craft show. We ended up here WV/VA because my Dad retired and wanted a cooler climate to retire in - I came here because I wanted to live close to my parents - I never did make the adjustment though - I still feel like a fish out of water - just ornery I guess - and wish I had never left home. Thank you so much for replying tonight - it is so wonderful to hear from someone from home ..
    How do you like Arkansas?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

I love Arkansas! It is so different from MS but there is a lot more for us to do with our family. My husband got a job here so we came. I will probably still go back to Kosciusko for the festival every year. That is one of those traditional things for all of us...I LOVE THE CANTON FLEA MARKET!!! They just had that in October. I missed it of course but I still loved going. When I think of different things like the festivals and other stuff that I had been going to all my life, that makes me kind of homesick...

I am really glad that I have met you on here. Now we can feel closer to home...somewhat. Does that make sense? LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in Arkansas, but I'm in the other northwest corner. I've lived in the Fayetteville area all my life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

Hey Tiffany!

My daughter's grandmother lives in Fayetteville. She moved there right before we moved to Jonesboro. I also have family in Rogers, AR.

It's nice to meet you