Arkansas
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Arkansas

Is anyone from Arkansas? We moved here 1 yr ago. So far we love it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am not but wouldnt mind moving there either

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in the very SW corner of Missouri and I can actually SEE Arkansas from my front porch. I really like it here as well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used to work for Rineco, in Benton. I made a couple of business trips there, and I really liked the landscape, but especially the people I met there.

I was told that, just around the corner from the plant, the movie 'Sling Blade' was filmed. Or at least some scenes. I never saw as much of The Natural State as I would have liked. Basically, I drove from western Massachusetts to Albany NY ... caught a flight to Detroit ... changed planes for a flight to Little Rock ... rented a car and drove to a hotel near Benton.

I want to go back some time, when I have time on my hands.

Funny story ... when I worked for Rineco I had a company truck (brandy new 2003 Siverado club cab, 4x4). They could not buy insurance in Massachusetts. So my truck was registered in Arkansas, and I had Arkansas plates. I'm sure I was the only guy in this county of about 140,000 souls (only 1300 in my town) who had Arkansas plates.

I turned a lot of heads, I'll tell ya.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are originally from St. Louis - we never had the pretty sunsets like we have here - almost every night. Even my son said something to us one evening about how pretty it was - for him to notice, that is something. We have travelled around the state a little, still trying to get a feel for what is here - I am really impressed with what I see. We live in a small town - 10,000 people, but in the year that we have been here it is amazing to see the growth and change that has happened. I hope it doesnt change too much - we like the small town feel, but maybe the property values will keep going up - great for equity in our home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Geoff ~ Even if you've been fishing for three hours and haven't gotten anything except poison ivy and sunburn, you're still better off than the worm. ~Author Unknown

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have live in Arkansas for the last 7 yrs. We live in a very small town with 3500 people. Heck at 10pm, everything is locked up and closed. Even the walmart closes at 10pm. The town has a Pizza Hut, Kfc/tacobell and a sonic and 3 small "family" restaurts. We do most of our shopping at the Super Walmart that is 45 mins away. What we do like about it is everyone knows everyone feel to it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We live in SW Missouri also, about 1/2 hour from Springfield. Moving back to Colorado, though................

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Southeast MO, here. We've been here a year. I was born and raised a Yankee, but spent most of my time on the east coast due to being in the military and marrying a Navy man. Since he retired, he wanted to move back to his home state to spend time with his Mom who is getting up in age.

It's a lot different world than what I am used to, but am adapting. Worse thing is the jobs. There are none. I had to take a retail, but hey, it pays the bills. The kids like it and we are able to let them ride their bikes around without too much of a worry compared to the east coast where the gang issue has gotten bad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No but would love to move there! Love the state!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yep! I'm in the NW corner, near Fayetteville. I was born and raised in this area and I LOVE it here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I live in Canada now, but spent the first 20 years of my life in Arkansas. Grew up in Northeast Arkansas (Pocahontas) and went to school in Little Rock after that. What a beautiful place you live in!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yep, I've been in Arkansas for the last 30 years. I was an army brat and when my dad retired we ended up here. I was 16 then and couldn't imagine what there was for us in AR! I cried all the way here, lol! Now you couldn't get me to leave, lol! I love it and the only other place you could get me to move to is Hawaii! I live in a small town of 2800ish people. When we first moved here the population was 980 so it's grown a bit. I'm about 15 miles east of Fort Smith which is the second largest city in Arkansas. I just joined this forum today and seen the Pals thread and found people from Arkansas. It truely is a wonderful place to live and where I'm at a very safe place to raise a family.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I loved it when we lived there.
    We lived outside of Bee Branch. It was a very small town. Most people lived on farms. I wouldn't mind going back some day. But my heart belongs to Florida.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yay! Arkansas is my home state! Of course I love it...even more when I leave and come back! LOL I'm in the River Valley area, Pope County, more specifically!

Glad you love it here. Welcome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast