Tampa Bay

Thread: Tampa Bay

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Tampa Bay

Well it is December 2005 as I write, and I'd sure like to offer e-fellowship to any frugal types living in the Tamba Bay area.

Registered User frugalbutterfly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello there fellow Floridian!
    We are not "exactly" Tampa Bay area, about 45 mins., we are in Polk, Bartow to be exact. Great to see I am not the only local here on board now!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Beckie, nice to know you and I read your signature, you are an inspiration. Happy New Year to you
    John

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You to, John! I see also you have given up smoking, thst is great now, just keep that up!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Beckie. And what does 24+2 mean? You certainly have your hands full over there, must be interesting!
    John

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so glad to see more people from Florida. We are in Val Rico, my husband works at Mac Dill, and believe it or not is applying for a job in Bartow. He says it will be a 26 mile trip to either job (if he gets it). This is our first year here and I think I can finally relax a little with so much traffic. All of our other bases have had less than 50.000 people, so this was a BIG change for us. I could'nt believe it when I saw that ya'll were here too

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Stel, good to see you here. I've been over to McDill once for an air show a few years back, quite a place!
    I see you're doing a grocery challenge...my grocery challenge is to see how low I can really get my grocery bill...If I could get it down to 100 a month I'd consider myself doing really well with it (I live alone)
    Happy New Year,
    John

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi, Stel, it is so nice to see other "frugal" floridians around. Hope he gets the job in Bartow! Bartow is not the "small" home town it use to be, being the county hub, this is where people want to be

We are stuck here for at least the next few years, just so ready to get away from it all and more like old Florida, which is very hard to come by now. To me, it is like SC(I lived there until 1988 and have lots of family there and so want to move back and be close to the mountains unfortunatly, it won't happen though with the fusion I had we will have to go further south to get me away from the cold, my neck is not a happy camper with the cold now ). We are normally all over FL going boating and diving, there are some really nice "laid" back areas. Of course we love the water and "exploring" the different areas/coasts, I am now back to where I jsut want to go, go, go which on one hand is nice, tells us my brain is still healing but I just get so worn out but have fun doign so I guess, that is what counts though right?

Valrico is a really nice area and not far from us. It is kinda nice being in the middle of the state, especially if you like to boat or just hang out at the beach, you have alot of really nice areas "local", not always "frugal", but you can make it be and you deserve to have fun once in a while!

We really have a total of 7, four ours, and dh's 3, the youngest 2 I adopted(the oldest dh adopted and we just did not feel right taking away her mom on her BC also even though we should have and we had to send her at 15 to her bio. dad(he wanted her and bio mom took off to FL when they divorced), we had Angela going through chemo, brand new baby, 3 young kids and Jenny, was a very hard child, she has her bio mom's "issues").
    When I got into computers, I had 6 and it just stuck. I would forget now, if I did change it, I am jsut so use to thwt name .Technichly, it should be 7 but, I had 6 at the time and just left it as that.
    Yep, you could say it never "rests" around her, whether, it is me, the kids or dh, something always keeps us on our toes