Do you ever get time to wash your hair?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thumbs up Do you ever get time to wash your hair?

With 3 kids I have less and less time.
    My newest trick is ....

To wash up every 3 days. I get my hair to last an extra day by doing these 2 tips.

1) When blow drying my hair, make sure I completely blow it dry, even if the 2 year old is crying and banging on the door and the baby is crying, take the extra 3 minutes and completely finish drying it.
    For some reason this makes all the difference.

2) In the mornings or before I go out, I brush my hair with baby powder, from root to end. It absorbs the oils so your hair looks freshly blow dried. Well almost.

And that my tip that I have been doing lately to stretch out my infrequent showers

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I usuall wash mine the night before, then just curl it in the morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i naturally just don't wash my hair that often... unless i have a really great (read as: sweaty) workout.

most of the time tho, i wash my hair about twice a week in the summer. after a morning run, i'll cool down and wait a bit before i get in the shower and "no-wash" my hair (ie, run warm then cool water over my hair/scalp, "scrubbing" w/my fingers like i would were there any shampoo).

i dont have any problems unless i wash my hair too frequently, then I get that "flat" over-washed heavy look.

so washing fewer times saves money, time, energy... and ultimately my hair's health.

but that's me. and i'm used to it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My hair gets way too oily to not wash every day I envy you girls who can do it every other day or less.
    My bathing tip is to bath with my 2 year old while my 6 year old is at school

Andrea

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I HAVE to wash my hair every single day. Even when we were without electricity because of a hurricane I still made sure to wash it daily. I have baby fine, oily hair that looks like a rat made a nest in it when I sleep. Seriously...ask my kids. They pick on me every morning when I wake up. Luckily, it doesn't take long to dry it. Some days I even just throw some styling mousse in it while it's wet and go on my merry way!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's actually better for your hair NOT to wash it daily.
    The natural oils are so beneficial to the hair.

Go ahead... brush the oils down to the hair ends.

But... by golly- I didn't realise that mom's couldn't wash their hair because they don't have time.
    That's borders on self-neglect! lol!

Time to take the 2 yo in the shower with you and let him/her play in the water in the tub while you wash - daily. Win-win situation. You get showered and child gets clean.

Unless someone has a problem with showering with your own young child ~ sorry didn't mean to offend. I believe, as long as said child has no long term memory developed... he/she won't remember and won't be traumatized.
    For me... the cut off age was 3 going on 4. By that age... they weren't banging down the door and could follow a command to stay put ~in the house~ until mommy's done showering.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I must admit, I wash my hair when I shower which is generally every other day. I have a 21 month old and a 3 (almost 4 year old) at home while my 7 year old (all girls) is at school. I put up the gate, leave the bathroom door open, set them up with books or toys, and take 10-15 minutes to myself while they are within hearing distance. The toddler will come in and play peek-a-boo a bit, but not usually. Before the last couple of months, I would set my toddler up in the crib with some safe toys/books before showering. Sometimes she would fuss a bit, but once she realized Mommy was coming back, she was fine. It took me many years to take time out for myself - it is an absolute necessity.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't get it. I always showered in the morning before my kids got up.....my girls are 18 months apart in age.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When my kids were infants/toddles I always did one of three things to guarantee I got a shower and washed my hair daily.
    1. I would do it before they woke up.
    2. I would do it while they napped
    3. I would do it when DH got off work.

I have to take a bath everyday and wash my hair or I feel so gross. The last time I was in the hospital I had to go 5 days without a "real" bath and thought I was going to die.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ideally, I would wash my hair/shower before the kids got up as well, but I have two that do not tend to sleep through the night and am also pregnant with hubby 2000 km away and another one to get off to school so dragging myself out of bed early enough is sometimes difficult. I am so exhausted, I often fall asleep when my oldest goes to bed or I am too tired to really cope well. With keeping the house ready for sale (thank God that is done), trying to pack, wretched morning sickness and kids being sick, even getting those few minutes can be a struggle. I totally understand what the original poster is talking about. One was pretty easy, two a little less so, but when you get to three and sometimes conflicting personalities/health concerns, it can be difficult.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't wash my hair every day. I do bathe every day. I don't really remember how I did it when the girls were young, but I did. I have two and they were 16 months apart. I think back then I bathed at night after I put them to bed. Sometimes they just bathed with me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thankfully my hair is so thick & curly that I don't need to wash it too often. I tend to wash it when my husband is around to look after our son!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wash my hair everyday. I wake up early (I'm a morning-person) and do the whole ritual hair, make-up, put on nice clothes. I think it is very important to look your best every day!! My kids will eat their breakfast and my DH helps out a lot too so that I have time for myself. Very Important!

Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob baronmom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I never ever didn't have the time to shower or wash my hair. I always have to do it daily or I feel crappy. When my kids were little, I would either take my shower while they napped, or laid them in their crib or playpen so I could take a shower. I just didn't take a long shower. I got in and did what I needed to do and got out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I used to have really long thick hair (think past the waist). I would wash it and go to bed and in the morning, it had great waves and curls in it. I would just shake it out, brush a little and be on my way.

Now that I am older, my hair is still thick, but shorter, and very very dry. I only wash it once or twice a week, to let the natural oils help it out. I don't blow dry it much, as that is drying to my hair. So far, so good.......
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast