Anyone having issues getting into a summer routine?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Anyone having issues getting into a summer routine?

I am having the hardest time this year. I have one who was in school, and during the school year, we had a routine in the morning to get him out the door. Then my youngest and I had a little bit of a routine during the day. I'm not a huge "schedule" person, so it was a loose routine, but at least we kind of knew what we were doing and when.

Now, with summer upon us, we are just in a slump. Having a hard time adjusting to not getting up and getting out the door in the morning, and I swear, it has "lazied" up our whole day!

Anyone else having trouble adjusting?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, my routine has kind of gone downhill since summer started!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine has changed. I am very lazy. Ever since school has been out and I am finished with babysitting I am having a hard time getting motivated. I mean I get up at 630 am to shower and everything and don't have a problem getting up but it's after that. Sheesh!!!!!!! At least I am not the only one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am doing horribly! I thought I had a great plan, but no luck in following it. I am hoping it's just a short transition period, otherwise, my house will be a wreck, my brain will be much and no goals will be met this summer. I need help!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm having trouble...

But that could be because I'd like it to be summer vacation & and my kids don't get done with school until TUESDAY

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMom View Post
    I'm having trouble...

But that could be because I'd like it to be summer vacation & and my kids don't get done with school until TUESDAY
    Same here, except mine are done tomorrow. It would have been almost a week earlier, but we had so many snow days & delays this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am having a hard time with a summer routine. But DS isn't in school or anything like that.

I went from working full time as a manager at Bath and Body Works, to working very very very part time (2 or 3 shifts a week) as an associate. It was my decision to step down because basically I didn't want the stress anymore and I'm pregnant, I don't need that. But now that I don't have to get up at 6am and get ready and take DS to a babysitter, we are both being way lazy. We both sleep in and I am getting nothing done around the house! Infact, I should be packing for our trip tomorrow, and here I am posting on FV!

I have to work tonight too, and I don't want to. But, I'm putting in my two weeks, and if I don't do it tonight my next shift isn't until next week sometime.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't really have a routine so to say. It's a little easier to a degree because my 16 year old can help me with the little one so I can get more done.

Mornings we are pretty lazy and lay around with the tv. Later is when I try to get everything done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My DS1 is ssssooo reliant on his schedules. We had a rough time last summer after preschool let out, then we went to visit my family for two weeks. For the rest of the summer he was a holy nightmare.

We're only one week into summer vacation and he's already testing his boundries, defying me, talking back, etc...

I've decided to homeschool just for the summer so we can keep his school routine going. We took this week off, but starting on Monday we'll start "school" at 9 am at least three days a week (we haven't nailed down this part of the schedule yet).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am moving around a lot slower since school got out. We're implenting a hs schedule too the week after next. The kids are doing VBS next week. So, that will through us into more of a routine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We are!!!

DD and I have the 'school schedule' down to a science... we're still waking up early... almost too early.

Without the hustle & bustle in the morning, we are lost. I was in the kitchen this afternoon doing dishes when I looked at the clock and saw that it was 1:30 and I was still there and not running out the door to get DD... she got out of school last Friday... this is going to take a while to get use to

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is hard here too cause I am not used to having my dd with me all day everyday. At least she has had play practice everyday from 10:00 - 12:00 through the month of June. After the play she will be with me at work for 3 hours each day. I have to come up with entertainment for her while getting my work done. She has to read for 30 minutes each day and I think I am going to get some workbook pages cause I don't want her losing everything she learned over the school year.

When we get home housework is in a slump cause we usually get in the pool and swim and play. Then after that just wanna chill. We gotta get into some kind of a routine for the summer but she is kind of "high maintenance" needing to be doing something or she is "bored".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Us Too!!!!

It has been the worse........I thought it would help to go back to 4 days a week 10 hour days, so I have the extra day with the kids, but the 10 hour days and extra work at home is kicking my butt. We have gotten into the bad habit of staying up really late and going for walks and to the park when all the house stuff is done, (like around 11 or after) and then they sleep in too long and I am beat for work, but we do have fun......I guess the only routine I have found is a really bad one....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My kids got sick as soon as the huge round of finishing up classes was over. Dealing with crabby kids and hot temps has not been fun! I can't wait to get into a better routine!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    Same here, except mine are done tomorrow. It would have been almost a week earlier, but we had so many snow days & delays this year.
    We actually are getting out one whole day early because of unused snow days. They also got an extra day at Memorial weekend and another three day weekend. I would have rather they tacked those unused days all at the end so they would be done by now.

Two more days and one field trip and we're done...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast