Do any other SAHM's make this effort?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Do any other SAHM's make this effort?

I have been retired for nearly a year now and I am loving it, Sometimes, I just feel frumpy!! I don't care for doing my hair and makeup and dressing up and to be honest here, some of the crap I do all day would ruin the effort if I did make it!!
    Not only that but, we take A LOT of pictures and of course because I don't feel like I look pretty I hide from the camera! But I don't really want to anymore.

So, my question is, do any of you do your face and hair in the mornings so you look and feel better and how much of a difference does it really make for you?!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't do my makeup or hair every single day, but I do occasionally. I hate to waste make up for just hanging out around the house or running errands, but I do usually make an effort to do something with my hair besides a ponytail. Once in a while I'll put make up on just because, or to see if my husband will notice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do most days because I just don't function well without my little routine. I always feel fresher and more with it if I do. And I swear it will be the one day that I look terrible that I have everybody dropping in unexpectedly!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I only actually do my hair and make-up if I am going to a meeting or some other kind of function (like tonight is Open House...I will put some effort in). Other than that, I go au natural. Even so much that I will rarely even shave once winter hits. Maybe two or three times a week. I have two little kids and I just want to spend as much free time as I have available to me, doing stuff I WANT to do, like reading, cooking, sewing, not stuff that I feel I have to do to fit into some preconceived ideal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I do it almost every single day. It just makes me feel better about myself. I always hesitate to run downtown or really hate to go to the door if I'm in my 'natural state'... It really makes a difference in my day, everyday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I get dressed, brush my teeth, comb my hair, etc. I do not do make-up (allergic to most of it) or hairspray (useless for my hair anyway).

Some days though (like today) I just stay in my jammies all day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Almost everyday, and do the Flylady thingy.

I get up get dressed, go to the bathroom, swipe and swish, do my hair and put on a little bit of make up. Even if it's just liner and mascara.
    Even if I am going to stay at the house all day, I do this. It makes me feel better about myself.
    The kids and DH know if I don't do this, then I am not feeling good. So they cut me a wide berth! LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i dont havent for a while, not allowed to waer makeup for work and i dont go out often now due to trying to save £££ but if i go out sometimes i will put a little on but normally its too early in the morning due to work and when i get back in, i stick my joggers and dressing gown on. Saves a lot on washing clothes lol.
    i do however blowdry and straighten my hair only once a week tho some days i have the energy to smart myself up but days i think about it but cant be bothered

pip
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The first thing I do every morning is shower, put on my makeup (not much, but some) and do my hair. I also dress and put on perfume and earrings. I have been doing this since I was a teenager, and it is me. I feel so much better when I do my routine, and I know my husband appreciates it, too. If I happen to get in the shower later than usual, I don't feel like myself .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Even so much that I will rarely even shave once winter hits. Maybe two or three times a week.
    I shave that much a year ....

No I don't put on make up and I wear my hair in a low ponytail most of the time.

I don't go anywear except out to eat at lunch or the library/local history center. dh has to be told I am wearing makeup and even then he doesn't care.

I did buy some fresh this year and wore it once.
    Last edited by EmilyD; 09-30-2008 at 03:10 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

At one time I did not take "me" time - ever. Now, I have a little routine and feel so much better. Once I get up I brush my teeth, brush my hair & clean my face. I will clean my face between 3-4 more times throughout the day and and night. Also, I will brush my teeth several more times a day. Usually, I have to tinkle about every couple of hours( I know TMI) and I do my face and teeth roughly every other time I tinkle. I take a shower (bathe and wash my hair) sometime around mid-day. I cannot go a day without a shower and I have to wash my hair every other day, if not everyday. I normally stay in some jammie pants and a top throughout the day.

I wear make-up in the evenings when DH and I are going to the kids' practices and games, which is basically an everyday thing. I also take the time to pick out a cute outfit and jewelry to match when we go. There was a time when I would just wear a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have never been a huge make-up wearer. I do have my eyeliner and lipstick though. On occasion I will wear eye-shadow, but not very often.. I think I have great eyes, just the way they are

The hair... well, that took some time. When DD was younger, I did it all the time... I think I was single handedly responsible for the ozone hole over my state then she started school and it was the pony tail for a long time.

I cut over 2 -feet- of my hair off in January and donated it. A birthday gift to myself, from myself, done... by me There was a lot less to take care of... a few weeks ago, I finally decided to cut bangs. Now that I have bangs, I don't wear pony tails at all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We live a very laid back kind of lifestyle here lol and most folks are always out in the outdoors doing something. Our climate also factors greatly into if I feel like making an effort or not. It's 100+ degrees here with a higher heat index and extreme humidity in the summer, by 8 am you've sweated your makeup off. So that's out. It's always windy here as well so every woman either wears her hair up, cuts it short or deal with brushing it out later with pain.

I myself only wear make up if I have to go somewhere and even then it's just mineral blush, mineral powder, eyeliner and clear lip gloss. Other than that, no make up for me only moisturizer and Dr. Pepper lip smackers lip gloss lol.

My hair is straight as a board and cut into long layers so it's a wash and brush through and wear style. I either wear it up or wear it all down depending on what I'm doing at the moment.

I do bathe daily and keep myself groomed lol, I keep my nails as nice as possible even though my hands see some hard work at times. I polish them off and on with a neutral tone, my toenails are usually always polished with some trashy, vibrant, glittery color unless I'm wearing open toe shoes lol. My DH jokes that I'm all "natural mom" until you get down to the tats and toenails.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am one of those mothers in the car drop off lane at school in her husbands pj bottoms and a sweatshirt. ( If I ever have to get out of my car I will die.) I do brush my teeth and hair first. The school is only a couple of miles away.
    After I get home I get myself fixed up. If I am going anywhere important, I always do my hair and makeup.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Parksfamily5 View Post
    I am one of those mothers in the car drop off lane at school in her husbands pj bottoms and a sweatshirt. ( If I ever have to get out of my car I will die.) I do brush my teeth and hair first. The school is only a couple of miles away.
    After I get home I get myself fixed up. If I am going anywhere important, I always do my hair and makeup.
    Okay see now I used to do that with the clothes thing, until one morning on the way to school that is just a few miles down the country road from our house....my car broke down. And yes, I had other mothers I knew stopping, the tow truck driver I had to wait on, etc. I knew from that day on no matter if I had my hair up and no make up on I would at the very least put on some jeans and a t shirt lol.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast