Any other SAHM's out there

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Any other SAHM's out there

Hey,

I'm a SAHM, my son is about to start school next week, anyone else have kids who are in school and still a SAHM? What do you do with yourself?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a sahm for now. All 3 of mine are home right now for summer break. Two are school age and one that is about to turn 2 next month. They keep me pretty busy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

I am a SAHM . I have two daughters 13 and 10. I fill my day very easily. Cleaning, cooking running them back and forth to school, homework helper and my oldest daughter has a chronic heart condition so I HAVE to be available to her 24/7. Just because she goes to school in the morning is no guarentee she will be staying. So working a regular job is totally unrealistic for me . For awhile we did homebound schooling where the school sent a teacher to the house and I picked up the slack but she really wanted to try regular school again so we are giving it a whirl. She finished up the end of 8th grade in school and will start high school this fall. When the house is clean and I have some down time I love the internet , I read and I crochet or quilt. Dont you worry , before you know it your days will be full and you will wonder why you wondered in the first place.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a SAHM to one 9 yr old dd. I volunteer at the school alot, go on all the field trips. I'm busy alot with being an officer in the PTO, so that takes up alot of my time. Other than that, the usually housework, cooking, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a SAHM and have been for over 20 years now! My oldest graduated from college last month and I have one more who starts high school in August! Not sure if I will be going back to work, hadn't planned on it but you never know. I keep pretty busy even with my kids as old as they are. I have days where I am bored and have nothing to do but not very often!!

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a SAHM to two girls (ages 2-1/2 & 5 years old) & home childcare provider (to 2 part time children...at the end of August a full time 12 month old will be starting). I love being home with my kids while they are young. When they're both in school full time, I'll probably continue to provide home childcare for two to three full time children. This way I'll still be there for my children on their sick days and in the summer.

I enjoy taking them to local playgroups, splash pads, parks, wading pools and staying active with them. They keep me young at heart. I also love seeing life through their eyes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SAHM mom to a 16 year old DD and 13 year old DS (he will be 14 in three weeks).

DD will go back to school August 10 and DS on August 17. She is in public school and he attends private, per their own choices.

I am dreading them being gone. In 2004 we started home schooling the kids. DD went back to traditional school last year but I still had DS here with me. This year he is going back. Luckily. the school he is attending is only four hours a day M-TH. So I won't be alone for too long each day.

When they are gone I just do whatever. No set schedule or routine. Some days I may just rest, I may clean, I might scrapbook or shop. It all depends on my mood.

I won't go to work though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I`m a sahm have been for 5yrs. Ds is 35 and dgs is 18.
    I have raised dgs for 10yrs.
    ds doesn`t live here.Has been out on his own since he was 19.
    My mom lives with us. has for 5yrs.
    I like to read . I haven`t scrape booked in a while.
    We have a pool in the back yard so I like to go swim some.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a sahm as well. My ds is 10 and dd is 9 but we homeschool so my situation is a little different than yours. However we are pretty laid back homeschoolers and we go year round so that we only have to do a few hours a day instead of longer days for a shorter amount of time. That along with the fact that my kids are the magical age where they are old enough to help around the house but not old enough that I have to constantly run them places means we do have some down time.

Right now I'm using that time to pursue some of my own interests. I am trying to get the ball rolling with a freelance writing career- and have had some success with local papers. I also have picked up the new hobby of photography because one of the papers likes for everyone to do their own photos and I needed a good camera to get the job.

I am enjoying these years because I know that very soon my kids will be on sports teams that travel and taking more classes in their areas of interest and we will revert back to them needing more of my time, which I'm happy to give but for now this is nice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am also a SAHM. My DD is 13 and currently home from school for the summer but when she's in school I am busy: cooking, cleaning, running errands, etc.... I keep myself busy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm a SAHM too! My boys are 5 & 8 and my youngest is starting kindergarten this year. Up til now, the school has had half day kindergarten, but this year they are debating full day. So I should know by the end of July if he'll be in school full day.

He was in preschool 3 mornings a week last year and it was heaven! I was always able to fill up my days pretty easily. Housework, running errands, hitting the gym, etc. I'm sure I could still fill up a day, if he goes full day.

I have been waiting for him to start kindergarten, so I could go back to school. I'm starting part time in the fall. Granted I've got night classes scheduled now, since I don't yet know DS's schedule. But I figure I'll spend some of my days, while he is in school, studying and doing homework at the library!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The day goes quicker than you'd think! My day is over at 3:00 with homework, activities, dinner, etc. I am a SAHM of a 12 & 9 year old. It's great in the summer because you don't thave to worry about child care. I don't really do any crafts or have any time consuming hobbies, so I got kind of bored cleaning, and I'm not much of a shopper (thank goodness!!). A few years ago, I started substitute teaching, and really enjoy it. It's not everyday, but it's extra money and it keeps me busy when I want to be busy. I usually worked 2-3 days last year, mostly at the kid's schools, so it was convenient. I am now returing to school to get my teaching license.

I know a lot of people kind of look down on SAHM's whose kids are in school, but it worked for our family, and it's allowed me to pursue a career I probably never would have if I had gone back to work just to have a job. Enjoy the time you have and use it to find out what you really want to do with your life.....even if it is being a SAHM. Have fun!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yup, stay at home for the last 4 years (4 year old daughter now)

Own a farm so take care of over 200 chickens, 100 hogs, 30 goats, 20 cattle, all the pets, and 100 acres in production. So I am busy all the time. We sell at farmer markets and do very well...I make goat milk soaps and lotions also....so never a dull moment.....best of all my daughter is learning so much about nature, farming and true life!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm fortunate enough to be a SAHM also, almost 14 years...And I don't regret a minute of it!
    With my DS, I worked full time until he was 10-when I found out I was expecting my DD...a high risk pregnancy...I do regret the time I missed with my DS while working... But thankfully, I'm been able to stay home with them since then...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a stay at home dad since my beautiful wife passed away 2 years ago. I have found that I have to plan my days the night before or early in the morning, and fill my schedule with work and chores. If I don't keep myself busy, I end up watching TV and fighting boredom.