Are Girls Easier Then Boys?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Are Girls Easier Then Boys?

I've been blessed enough to be able to stay home since my oldest was 3 1/2 years old. I say blessed, but I wonder if it's not a double edged sword sometimes. I have just my two boys and my husband so it's not really been hard to spoil them all and wait on them at bit.

As the boys have grown I've pulled back expecting them to do more for themselves, wash etc. But, I swear they are so jealous of what I do for each of them. This morning I was preparing DH breakfast and DS1 walks in the kitchen and looks at the pan of fried potatoes and the skillet with the bread omlette and gets this look on his face. After 21 years, I know that look. So I say to him, "Do you want me to make you a platter and put it in the ice box for you for breakfast?" He says, "It'd be nice" in a tone that connotes that since I'm doing this for his Dad "the working man" I should have been doing this for him "the working man" all along. GRRRRRR.....

I can't help but wonder if "he" was a "she" the whole thing would have gone down differently. Such as, making Dad's breakfast? Here, let me get a platter for that. I never, ever got upset that my Mom did something for someone. I'd step in and help her do it. Just wondering if there's anyone out there who has both boys and girls and if they see a huge difference?
    Last edited by pollypurebred39; 07-28-2010 at 03:25 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a girl and two boys. Lets just say thank the Lord in my old age the last one was a boy.

But it really depends on so much and you can't say one way or another. I'm sure everyone's experience is so different. I might change my mind when my little one grows up. lol

I think raising kids is just plain difficult now days then before!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Now a days I don't think it matters whether a boy or girl, the attitude seems to be the same..

When my 18 yr old son says, I'm hungry and looks at me, I say cool make yourself something..

In this house, working man or not, less your the one that pays all the bills, don't bother giving me that look or attitude..

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I asked my daughter to help me with the dishes tonight. (the first since our dish washer broke and it's been a few weeks now)

You would have thunk I'd beat her, took her ipod away, and kept her from going out with her friends. Gah! Attitude much, but she got over it soon after I said a few words to her.

I talk about this stuff all the time with my dh. I also have a step- daughter and we always say how we would never smart off to our parents nor feel entitled to so much the kids now days has. The lack of respect can seem so horrible in this generation and I know many parents do their very best they can, but something went wrong. heh.

Really though, my kids are great and I'm very proud of them. I hear some horror stories out there..so I'm thankful.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have 2 boys, one girl . . . THANK GOODNESS! My boys were so much easier to raise.

however, not a one of them would have expected the same "treatment" that the parents received.

My hubby gets up with me, before work and packs my lunch while I get ready. My dd leaves for work at the same time as me - he doesn't pack hers. . . . she makes her own (as did the boys when they were home).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have one of each. My son was definitely easier (and cheaper) to raise.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Its a mixed bag I have 3 boys one daughter My dd was a joy till about 16 then came attitude and 3 lousy years at 19 turned back into an angel and is the joy of my life My sons didnt give me attitude but definately got into alot more trouble ie tickets fights and such and gave me many a sleepless night. Now all are grown and wonderful successfull young men Personally I think the girls are easier

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Has he ever lived away from you? I'm guessing not and when he does he'll be in for a bit of culture shock when he has to fend for himself.
    Boys are easier mostly because they don't have as much of the drama factor in them. Those teen years weren't my fav and although dd did much more in the helping with things without me asking we butted heads alot along the way.
    Ds would often do without this or that if he had to do it himself and was often times kind of lazy but he was pleasant about it, lol. Off to college, came home for a visit & I about passed out when I cought him loading his plate and glass into the dishwasher without me asking because he knew what it was like when those dishes piled up. It was a glorious day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have 5 sons and 2 daughters - by far our sons have been MUCH easier. Far less attitude from them.

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The only difference at breakfast this morning would have been if you'd treated them differently growing up, which is often the case in many families - demanding assistance from the girls, while waiting on the boys. Otherwise, no, a girl would not have just stepped in and helped with breakfast instead of being jealous it wasn't for her. There isn't much in this world more surly and unpredictable than a teenage girl.

Of course, it's probably easier to spoil a boy. My son loves me openly and consistently, the girls are all moody and complicated. It's hard not to dote on him.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All this carries over into adulthood.

reference this thread https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/...i-stopped.html

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think it depends on the personality

My son is easier than my girl.
    He also would have been the one to help by asking if he could get a platter of that.

Both children would have asked if they could have some too. My boy would have accepted the answer no better than my girl.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My oldsest daughter was ALOT easier than my oldest son. Now I'm finding that my teenage twin boys are much easier than my 7 year old dd. It depends alot on the kid. WHo would have thought 2 teenagers could be the easier ones to deal with??

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The thing is, the boys are sweet and helpful outside of the home. They volunteer their time (without parental pressure), they put their dishes in others sinks, they offer to help with supper or chores.

This seems to be about me, like how much does Mom love me, she can't love you more then me! My oldest had the hardest time when his brother entered the scene. He still talks about how traumatic it was as a 5 year old to suddenly have to share Mom, Dad, Grandparents.

Perhaps part of this was because he was very sick for the first part of his life. I had an unexpected complications. We were rushed by ambulance to the ER where we both had serious problems, I almost died right on the table, he was delivered by emergency C-section and was born dead. They worked on him for what felt like was forever until he had the shallowest breath, followed by a cry so weak it sounded like a kittens meow. He was very frail and they did not hold out much hope. I was not stable enough to be moved so it was days before I could see with my own eyes that he was indeed, okay. From the top of his head to the bottom of his behind he fit in the palm of my hand. (My hands are pretty small) He swam in premie clothing and I ended up putting him in doll clothes (which he also swam in, but not quite as much) He was in the doctors office once to twice a week for the first 8 years of his life. He had numerous hospital stays where he became deathly ill and they could find no reason. He's now 21, and has not had a hospital stay in over a decade.

I'm thinking that all that TLC and worry he translated to mean love. But then, comes brother who also had severe medical needs. DS2's severe medical needs were not life threatening, however in many ways they were far more severe and required even more of my time and attention. DS2 also seems to equate my my TLC with love.

It was not easy to divide my time and attention with the three men in my life, but I worked very hard to see that they always knew they were loved. Now, my DH is not on the jealous hamster wheel, but he has quipped (in private) that he looks forward to the day when he's my only one to dote on.

*Sigh* Looking back I wonder what I might have done differently, but that's a little like putting spilled milk back in the glass.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a girl and loads of friends with boys, and some girls and we were talking about this one day. And by unanimous vote boys were easier then girls.
    I have to say DD is 7 and if I didn't know any better I would swear that she goes through PMS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast