Inexpensive Valentine's gifts
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Inexpensive Valentine's gifts

This year my son (age 6) is very into giving his teachers and friends gifts for holidays. Can’t afford that, really. So since I’ve recently become a stay-at-home mom, been looking up craft ideas for holidays. Here’s what we came up with for this Valentine’s Day:
    Walgreen’s, last week, had individually wrapped, heart-shaped, chocolate marshmallow filled candies for only 29cents, Valentine’s gift bags 8 for $1.00. There are about 8 adults in his weekly life that we will get one candy in the bag along with the card we will make. See this site for card ideas: Valentine's Day 2011 - Valentine's Day Ideas and Activities for Kids | FamilyFun

We are going to make this card, with our own variation—it will be one sided, left blank on back for him to write a message. Too much work to make it like the picture : Valentine Craft: Stained-Glass Hearts | Valentine's Day Card Ideas | FamilyFun

For his friends: I’m sure everyone out there knows about buying Valentine’s Day cards for kids to trade from Dollar Tree or some other dollar store—so that’s a no-brainer probably. He picked out Spiderman themed ones this year.
    Last edited by Redmocha; 02-06-2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: grammar