testosterone invasion (humorous subject, serious post)
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default testosterone invasion (humorous subject, serious post)

I couldn't figure out a good subject for this post so I tried going with humor - no offense intended if it came off wrong in a text-only media.

I'm working part-time after a layoff, while my wife is working full-time. Our first child is due in October. I am going to be trying to orient my work schedule in order to avoid the costs of daycare. As such, what is the modern protocol for deciding whether SAHM / WAHM resources are daddy friendly or are female only, men stay away?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think it depends on the type of resources you are looking for. There are a bajillion websites with resources available for SAHP's, both moms and dads. In the real world, such as play groups and such, it might be best to ask. With more and more men opting to stay at home or work from home, there are a lot of dad groups now. Check with churches, community centers , the local newspaper ads and shoppers guides for advertisements for mommy and me type groups for playdates and information. Your local Cooperative extension may have some resources as well. As an 'advanced maternal age' mom of my first child at 42, I feel kind of out of place with the younger mom set. Havent found a local old lady mom group yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My wife is a wee 35 and ready to strangle the next person who accuses her of being "advanced maternal age". She's also quite tired of "ugh, pregnant in summer". The sooner the baby comes the sooner I'll stop worrying about a jail-birth!

So, ah, is it ok for me to ask primary care giver questions in this sub-forum as they arise?