baby furnitures??
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default baby furnitures??

Yes I am a stay-at-home mother to a 3 month old baby. Before we had the baby, we prepared the nursery room. We filled the dresser with clothes and also the crib has lots of pillows so the baby can sleep well during the night. But still I felt that these furnitures are not enough for the baby. We just bought what was needed but I think we underestimated things. Like chairs where I or my husband can sit whenever we try to make the baby sleep. Also toy chest so there is one place for toys. What other furniture suggestions can you give? What are we still missing?

Suggestions, opinions and reactions are all welcome here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wouldn't recommend putting pillows in the crib. Could be dangerous. As for the other things, babies don't need much... really. Others here will help you out with that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My daughter never got a pillow until she was out of a crib. They will let you know when they are ready for them. Until then, basically nothing in the crib...especially at 3 months...they can roll properly.

Babies need very little...second baby on the way for me, just got the essentials and bought used 90% of the time. They outgrow most things very fast to buy new.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I second not having pillows in the crib, that can be very dangerous for an infant! Until my girls were both well over a year they had nothing more than a sheet in their crib. I would recommend getting a glider w/ottoman if you can find one used or at a decent price. I absolutely love mine, I used it for nursing and rocking them to sleep, now it is in my living room I will probably never get rid of it. They can be pricey though it took me months of active searching before I found one at a "decent" price and it was still $200-$300 for the set at that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I really want a glider, but I don't think I have room for it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have you tried Freecycle or yard sales?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We had a crib with the first one, and a glider rocker. We used a book case to put diapers and supplies on. We hung most of her stuff up in the closet. What needed a chest of drawers, we put in one of those Sterilite triple drawer systems. Clear plastic let us see what was in there. Had a boppy for feeding.

We went even more minimalist with the second. Since we were moving across the country, we didn't bother with a crib. We kept her in a play pen that had a bassinet insert. Rocking chairs were used from a hotel that was getting rid of old stuff and updating (my brother had 3 sets of 2 and they are the best!). Still have the rocking chairs. Used the play pen for the next one too. Still have the Boppy.

We never did have a changing table or any of the other furniture that are a MUST. We just bought lots of changing pads so we could have one handy wherever we were changing the baby. We had a bouncer that only bounced. No swings. One play mat that the kids have destroyed over time. Most clothes I requested the first time for the baby shower were gender neutral so I've gotten a lot of wear out of pajamas, sleepers and rompers from boys and girls.

The best investments have always been good strollers and car seats. A baby will sleep comfortable in most anything, crib, bassinet, or playpen, even the floor when they just fall asleep during play time, but the stroller and the car seat get you both out of the house in a safe way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Please! Remove all that stuff from the crib!

You don't need a toy chest....all I ever used was clothes baskets for toys. I never had a dresser either. My dd uses closet shoe organizes (the ones that hang with cubbies in them) for all dgd's clothes. Sorts them into sets shirt/pants and tucks them into the cubbies. Dad gets her dressed in the morning. Jammies go in another one.

My kids never had a nursery, I rocked them in the living room....

You don't need 90% of the crap people tell you you do....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We had a nursery and i wouldn't have changed it for the world. I bought a changing table but soon found as they crawled all the stuff couldn't stay there any way. Second child changed on the floor on the pad.
    We had a dresser and a twin bed.
    The bed was already in the room. I sat up breastfeeding on it many nights and then just took a few steps to the crib.
    The rocker was just in the way so it left. So they will climb on everything. Same w/ a toy box. Most times DD threw all the toys out and got in! cute but not after several times.
    Keep it minimal. Things accumulate all by themselves. And kid need room to crawl,walk,imagine.
    Congrats on the little one.

Forgot to say-also no pillow or anything in the crib. Smothering is a real threat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I prefer that my baby have a room of their own where he can sleep soundly and also for the nanny to be alone with the baby. A safe place where he can mess the room if he want to play and stuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat0649 View Post
    I second not having pillows in the crib, that can be very dangerous for an infant! Until my girls were both well over a year they had nothing more than a sheet in their crib.
    Yes I will remember that there should be no pillows. Thanks for all those respond.

May I ask is it safe to buy online? Because I found online baby stores that sell way cheaper items that the ones in local stores. What do you think?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like the idea of a chair. We have one in our baby's room now (he is almost 2 months).

What I found was best for toys was baskets. You can always grab a basket of toys to move in another room, and it makes clean up a lot easier. I had 3-4 of them. They are also good for laundry.