All I know

Thread: All I know

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default All I know

I became a mom at 19. My boyfriend and I quickly got married. He was older and able to take care of me. My daughter is now 7. Due to his advanced age we decided not to have more children.

I love being a SAHM. I do earn a little money doing surveys online but I only do it like an hour a day. Not even part time. Mostly play money.

This is all I've ever known. I'm friends with working mom and stay at home moms. Works moms will say they are jealous of me. One of my friends is a poor SAHM. She has three kids and is always one missed paycheck away from eviction and pretty much lives off the state. That I don't understand and don't approve of.

My husband and I run a farm. Part of me would like to work but it wouldn't make sense as I wouldn't be able to do all the community work that I do. Girl scouts, PTA, etc.

oh well. Change is hard for me. I'm kind of stuck in my way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi and welcome, kittyloki! We have all sorts of folks here at the Village. It's a very friendly place.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was always a SAHM and never regretted it for a second or felt guilty about it. I loved it. Enjoy it!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My working friend tells me she envies all my "free time". I tell her I envy her paycheck. LOL!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Housewife View Post
    My working friend tells me she envies all my "free time". I tell her I envy her paycheck. LOL!
    lol I know. My husband makes enough to pay the bills and have money in savings. My daughter has a college savings account. We're lucky. It helps that we own. $300 in taxes a month compared to $700 a month to rent (average rent in my area)

But I wouldn't mind having a job to earn a little extra money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kitty, could you look for something part time that would fit your daughter's schedule? Or that you could do at home?
    Or maybe even just helping your husband (more) with jobs on the farm? Would that be combinable with the activities you currently do that are important to you?

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying this is what you should do. It is just that to me you make the impression that some extra life filling activity might be something that you are longing for. And I hope the above questions make you help to think. But I also live in a whole different part of the world and things are different here, so I can only ask things, not try to give advice.