Muscle builder/weight loss supplement? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been watching this thread and did not respond because your question is about supplements which I know nothing about. But you recently mentioned training your body to eat a certain way and give you energy I will tell you what worked for me. I started gaining weight in my 40's and packed on an extra 20 lbs. it is gone now though and I do have muscle tone for the first time ever.(not a lot but it is a start)

If you are wanting to "train" your body to eat a certain way I would recommend looking into the 21 day fix. For me it was/is just what I need. I did not order it for a long time because it looks kind of gimmicky with the containers and all but it is just a simple way to eat a balanced diet. I am not hungry when I eat this way, I am satisfied and my body is craving the healthy foods now. Also, the exercise DVDs that come with are only 30 min and for the first time in my life I do have muscle definition. They are challenging but worth it.
    I did not buy the shakeology they try to sell you on after you buy it. Also, they offer you a free coach online but I wasn't into that either. I got it on eBay for just over $50, brand new.....best $50 I have ever spent! I know it is not for everyone but for me it is just what I need. Oh, just yesterday I found the official 21 day app is free on my iPad.....love that.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cookielee......great job on the weight loss! Do you take probiotics everyday still?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I still take probiotics and try to switch up brands to give me the best chance of getting a broad variety of bacteria that "sticks". I also still take anti-inflammatories so re-introducing more good bacteria isn't hurting me any.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by CookieLee View Post
    Karen, your aunt did an elimination diet, not a detox. She seems to be looking for a food allergy. I don't know why she'd be sick unless she re-introduced a food to which she is allergic or stopped a medication without doctor advice. A probiotic is the introduction of good bacteria to your digestive system - bacteria that might have been killed off through the use of antibiotics and unhealthy foods (aspartame, etc.) Many people use a probiotic after doing a "liver cleanse" which would be considered a detox but I don't think that is necessary.

Taking probiotic supplements can cause a bit of intestinal distress due to gas and bloating. Some people need to go to the bathroom more often as the good bacterial suddenly moves previously undigested foods. That effect is short lived, however, it is a great kick-off to your weight loss efforts. After a couple of weeks on a probiotic, combined with severely limiting my carbs, I found my food cravings significantly reduced. My coworkers are forever mentioning, "I'm so hungry!" while they are dieting (I work with 4 other women). I'm rarely hungry and I never feel like I'm starving.

As before, I recommend you do some of your own research. Try books like "Sugarbusters" or "Grain Brain" (I'm not a fan of Atkins). After doing a lot of reading, I woke up to how much sugar I was consuming and now that I've cut back significantly, how horrible I was feeling because of it. I can honestly say, I've gotten much more in balance with what I eat now and finally have enough energy to start a real exercise program. I've also been able to wean off two prescriptions and cut back on another. I don't weigh myself but I've gone from wearing a size 16 to size 8 pants.
    Yeah i honestly have no idea why my aunt became so sick but I assumed it was because she was hardly eating and her body wasn't getting the nutrients and protein it needed. But you're right that's why i've been researching all kinds of different things to help lose weight and build muscle. My daily morning workouts have been amazing and now i can't go a day without working out because i just feel so much better after a good workout. I have been watching what i eat a lot better now and have really cut down on caffeine and sugar which i already see a difference in how my body feels. Great job on losing so much and getting down to a size 8! That's so awesome! Keep up the great work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12