Need to vent!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to vent!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unhappy Need to vent!

I just need to vent! We have been working on our debt for quite a while. Since last oct we have had 1 mess after the other. Lets, see Dh lost a long time job, huge med bills, knee surgery, a flood (ruined furnace and all basement), broken pipes, deer hit, big carrepairs, a 1k vet bill----- it goes on and on. We have paid cash for all but a 487 car bill the ef was drained and there was no choice unless we were going to walk the 30 miles to work.
     Dh is a class a driver. He got a much better job last apr. I was budgeting 600 takehome weekly from him but always had extra. They are now slowing down so I can't bank on 600.
     Friday Dh's direct deposit wasn't there because of the federal reserve holiday. No biggie I went to the Ef and got 200$. I funded the planned cateories with it figuring I'd transfer it back in  on mon when the deposit would go in. Dh and I had our planned date(which  I NOW FEEL SICK ABOUT SPENDING 50$ ON!)UUUUUGGGGGHHHHH. Dh's check was 510!!! I can't put it all back in. I'm so disheartened!!!!
     Dh also has 3 unpaid days off in the next two weeks. So all budgeting needs to be redone.
     My place of empoyment is also slowing down (straight comission). My pt income was rebuilding the ef(currently about 600 after the withdrawl) and car fund and christmas fund. We will need to use my income now (500-700 month).
     We have ended up with almost 500 in extra medical expenses because of wrong advice on coverage. I was so happy to almost have the med bills paid off and then that! I do have 170 in the med/dental envelope that was earmarked for the kids dental  sealants in dec(do more will be added in dec also).
     I just feel so disheartened. It seems like everytime we think we have a breather and get feeling confident it gets worse!!!!!
     Thanks for letting me vent!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so sorry - if its any consolation I think you are a very smart lady and have really prepared for these things nicely - an emergency fund is just that - for emergencies - and you have been able to cover yours - the trucking industry will pick back up after the holidays- its really only a temporary set back and yeah, there really is no good time. try to remember the fun date you and rod had rather than beating yourself up for spending the money. You guys do matter and you need a little time away from it all - even for a movie and dinner and one on one time (no I didn't mean that !)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just hang in there Michelle, I think overall you are doing great, some of us don't even have an EF!

Things will start looking up soon!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am sorry that things are rough right now. I hope that everything smooths out and things are soon looking up for you and your family.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Kimmee! I am just freaking with all this and the hoildays comming. We have a huge list 28 people. I'm down to Dh, Mom, my kids, and the cash tips(20). Basically the expensive ones!
    Dh is so resistant to me picking up another job also. I really think it would help! Not for monthly expenses but paing debt, building the ef.
    We also need to plan to repace dhs car without debt which is on its last legs.
    I think I need a hot bath and maybe that on on one time you werent suggesting(lol) to improve my mood!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can totally feel for you. Seems like we've been in the same boat...I think we need to abandon ship! The past couple months for us has been one thing after another after another. Dentist, car repair, tires, doctor, vet, house repairs, etc.....I could go on. It's been very discouraging and stressful. Be thankful you have the emergency fund. We have been using our savings and credit cards . I should be thankful we have some savings at least. Lets hope we're both on to some better easier times.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks all! I feel much calmer after a soak in the tub. I just feel real uncomfortable with EF(savings) being so low along with work getting slow.
    Weve made it on nothing so I know we will be fine!
    I knew you kind like minded frugal folks would understand!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Michelle, I'm so sorry this is all coming at you hon....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I feel for you. My DH lost his long time job this year too. We lost our medical insurance along with it. I am glad you have an emergency fund. I am sure your friends/family will understand if you have to scale back Christmas a bit. We are looking at a bare bones Christmas this year too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by i.m.cheap

I feel for you. My DH lost his long time job this year too. We lost our medical insurance along with it. I am glad you have an emergency fund. I am sure your friends/family will understand if you have to scale back Christmas a bit. We are looking at a bare bones Christmas this year too.
    Thanks! I'm sorry your going through a rough time! I unfortunately did holiday shopping backwards. I did everyone else but the important ones first (dh, Mom, my kids, charity ). So the $ runs thin with the ones important to me.

We need to brainstorm bare bone holiday ideas!!!!

Have you looked into other ways for med. coverage? We had no ins from last oct until this aug and I was quite worried. Thankfully it was ok.

Did your Dh find another job?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My DH is working as a fry cook at a 50's diner, where I also wait tables part-time. He is taking classes at a community college to learn web design and computer graphics.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by i.m.cheap
    My DH is working as a fry cook at a 50's diner, where I also wait tables part-time. He is taking classes at a community college to learn web design and computer graphics.

Sounds like an awesoime plan! I have a bil who went to school for that type of thing.

We used to have a neat 50's type diner about 30 miles away but they went out. OOOOHHHHHHHHH those malts!

My Dh is a semi driver. The company he now works forhauls mostly things to Menards stores (building supply etc)  so a winter slow down makes sense unfortunately.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sending you some big hugs Michelle. Glad you've got each other to get through the rough times.
    Wishing you the best.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've always felt like that when we took control of our finances with a firm grip that the devil took hold of the other end of the rope and started taking us for a drag through the mud. IF you can hold on long enough he gets tired and moves on to the next soul. Hang in there, it will get better if you stay resolved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast