Are gas prices keeping you at home more?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Are gas prices keeping you at home more?

I have been limiting the amount of trips I make since gas prices have gone up.  We also have a big truck and it uses a lot of gas.  Just curious if others living on one income are staying home more!     

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have no choice but to drive everyday. There is no public transportation to where I work so I drive 37 miles each way every day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am too!! I try to run as many errands on one day as I can. I am walking to take and pick up ds at the grade school and my dd is in a carpool to go to school as well! Dh only works about 1 mile from the house so he said he was going to start riding his bike to work too!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm trying to, but my dh just keeps running out to do things. I actually got pretty mad when he didn't fill up the other day (1/2 tank empty) because he was waiting it out, and then lo and behold, gas went UP ten cents! ARGGGHH. These prices are crazy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Absolutely, We traded our Jeep Liberty in for a 4 door Honda Civic last Oct. The smaller car takes some getting used to but 40mpg is great Dh rides his motorcycle to work when the weather is good. Even with the smaller car with the last price jumps we are making as few trips as possible.

Registered User PennyPinchinPam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Absolutely! I now keep a running list of errands and try to do them in an order that doesn't burn so much gas. But honestly I keep the list so I don't forget anything and have to run back into town. Luckily we live on base and the BX and commissary are within walking distance. It's up to $2.65 a gallon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes and no....Joe works about 5 day's a week and on his 2 day's off we usually go out so he drives every day. However since I had Paige I stay at home most of the time on the day's that Joe works. Occasionally I will run an errand or two while he is gone, just to get out of the house for awhile......I hate being cooped up...but I usually don't travel to far.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've become quite anti-social lately and I'm staying home more, not just because of the gas prices. It's around 97cents a litre here now. We just bought a new smaller car that we can get around in all week for around $20. When I do go out I make sure I do everything I have to do so I don't have to venture out again.

There was a radio station petrol giveaway here last week and the petrol was 9 cents a litre. One of the women in the queue said that normally it cost $120 to fill her Toyota SUV. I was amazed that anyone would spend that amount of money to drive around.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I try and make "smart" trips. I told my 14 year old son that I wasn't too happy having to pick him up every day after track practice. He's already in Spring travel hockey and I have to drive to another town just for practice and games...GRRRRRR

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh yes! I have been really limiting my trips lately. We have only one car between us, a Toyota Corolla. We still are spending about $25 a week on gas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am definitely staying home more. If there is no reason for me to be out, then I just don't go. I combine all of my errands too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Most of the time. I will sometimes get out just to get out, here in our small town but for the most part I'm staying at home a lot more. I normally would make the 20 minute trip into the next biggest town a couple times per week but lately I've been just trying to go every 2 weeks or so for errands, etc. .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank goodness hubby has a small VW that he can get 2 weeks off of a tank. His work is 25 minutes one way! I haven't been going out much to save too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH works 35 miles away so we're stuck with his commute. We love public transportation but it's 3 hours each way to get him there, and not actually cheaper than gas (yet!). Luckily his small car gets mileage.

I used to run around in our little Toyota a lot but I'm so heavy now I hardly ever drive anywhere. So every time I have to fill up I'm always shocked by the price!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast