Insurance

Thread: Insurance

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unhappy Insurance

Just found out today that our health insurance is going up $46 a month. It already went up a few months ago when we had our new baby. We are self insured with a health savings account. Our deductible is the highest it can be. We pay all our medical bills ourselves. We have no maternity benifits. We cost them nothing! We've had no emergencies, no hospitalizations...I just don't know what to do anymore. We can't keep up with these bills. My dh provides for us but it seems like we can't get ahead. I'm so frustrated. Where on earth can I find another $46 per month?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't offer any suggestions to you now but I definitely know how you feel about insurance. We are looking at paying an additional $65 a month when the baby comes in July. My husband has a cheap policy from his employer. He never goes to the doctor and it provides little benefits. My daughter and I have a policy of our own with Blue Cross and Blue Shield. It goes up every year. With the cost of our premiums for health insurance being so high we cancelled out dental insurance and pay out of pocket for vision. Our health insurance is as much as our mortgage. At this rate we will never have any savings!

Registered User duckduckgoose007's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yep...I agree. We just got a notice from our Health Ins. It is going up to $680.00 per month...starting this month!!!!

That's a $50 a month raise for us.

Plus it costs us approx. $78 a month each for Medicare.

Pretty soon the Ins. Co's will go broke, as all of us "Customers" will no longer be able to pay them!!!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

cau
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What really frustrates me is that the insurance only pays a % & the hospitals here hound you for for the rest. My insurance pays 70% after deductable,Like you can pull it out of your pocket. They offer loans but at 12 to 15%. We have had bad luck the last 5 years( 4 major operation for me & 1 for hubby) and they are relentless. cau

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ours just went up another $14 per pay period ($364 per year) on the portion dh has withheld from his paychecks. His employer told him to expect it to continue to rise yearly from now on. It will go up even more once we have the baby since we'll be adding another person to the coverage.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We pay $400 a MONTH in premiums for Blue Cross/Blue Shield. And hubby has a good job with a good company. These premiums are ridiculous. We're considering switching to major medical instead so we can put the $400 away each month...Has anyone done that before??