Becomming a one income home

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Exclamation Becomming a one income home

My husband and I are doing foster/adopt through our state and will be getting our first child in January. I should be really excited, and I am excited about the baby, but I'm nervous about quitting my job.

I'm not so afraid of going down to one income, because we are thrifty people and we can make it. In fact, I will probably doing child care for one more child for some extra money. I cannot wait to be a stay at home mom! I have wanted to do this for so long, its hard to believe it is finally coming true!

Now, we will have had about a month and a half to prepare our lives and our home for a baby. It has been overwhelming. I have tried to keep quiet about it at work because I know my boss will start asking me questions. In fact, she already has.

Here is my dilema. My boss is one of those women who believe there is only one way to live, she believes everyone should be on a career track. I know that the career life is not one for me. How do I explain this to a woman who refuses to try to understand why some women choose to stay home and serve their families. I have only been at this job for about five months. I feel bad for leaving so soon, but my husband and I both know this is his plan for our lives? I don't like confrontation and I do not look forward to giving my notice. What is the best way to go about it? How do I end my job on a happy note???

Thanks for any advise!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tiffany, Why do you need to explain why you are doing this? This is your life choice and your "Career" Track. Hopefully there will be no confrontation and she will be happy for you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You are absolutely right. I'm not exactly sure why I feel I have to explain myself. I usually have jobs for a long time, so I'm not very experienced at quitting.

I just have to remember to go in there confident in my decision. Perhaps it would help if I talked about the whole situation a little more so she knows what is happening. I think it would help on her end for it to not be such a surprise.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I always feel the need to apologize when I give my notice, so I think I know some of what you're feeling. I suggest that you plan out a basic statement of "Such and such will be my last day, as we've decided to serve as foster parents, in order to give back to the community." If she comes comes back with "Oh, but what about your career?" Again, have a prepared statement: "We've been blessed in many ways and I've decided to focus my efforts into helping children." Or whatever speaks from your heart; these are just rough suggestions.

And congratuations!