SAHMoms Will you go back to work?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default SAHMoms Will you go back to work?

For the stay at home moms, will you be returning to the work force?

I plan on going back to work when my child(ren) go to school. I hope then to only work part time and be off when they are home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes!

I want to work part-time while the kids are in school.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I thought I wanted to go back to work but it hasn't worked out that way......I have been home now for nearly 17 years and even if I wanted to get back out there (and to be perfectly honest I don't), I don't have the skills to get a good paying job!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Definitely. I am currently looking for a job.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No. My youngest is 5 years old and we homeschool so by the time she is finished I will be over 50 and hopefully be able to spend lots of time with grandchildren.

My Dh has no interest in me going out to work ........thank goodness!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had to this year due to financial constraints. Did I want to? Nope. Did I need to accept a minimum wage job to be able to be here when my kids get home from school? Yep.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I doubt it. My youngest is 2 and when she goes to school I plan to be even more involved in school activities. Now I'm a PTA member , but would like to serve on the board in some capacity. Then there's field trips and fundraisers, parties, the book fair, reading/library volunteers, school assembly's and ceremonies. The list is endless.

Jill

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I plan to homeschool so by the time I get all my children grown and out of school, I doubt it. But if my family ever needed me to I absolutely would.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No. I thought I would when I was younger. But the girls needed a different educational environment, so we chose to homeschool. I thought when that was done I would go back to work. But now we're there I have health issues that make going back to work not a very realistic idea.

My compromise is to try and create work I can do and control from home. So that is what I'm currently doing. However, I'm only good for about half the day and I'm beat. So I've been given the go-ahead by dh to just explore my hobbies and decide which way I want to go in the next few years. By then I'll be 50 and it really is a moot point. I'll only work for myself at that age. No pension to speak of before enforced retirement at 65 yo otherwise.

Course, if anything happens to dh, all this could change.

Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't want to so hopefully I won't need to find a job. I've only been a SAHM for 4 months so far and I love taking care of my family without having to worry about babysitters or my schedule that much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No I don't plan on it unless i can go back to the preschool. There I only worked 2 mornings a week. I went in after "big" school started and was out before it ended. I just personally think kids still need someone at home even when they get older. JMHO of course.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not planning to.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

nope. Did that once already when they were in grade school, then quit again to homeschool.

they are now finished their university degrees and left home, and I'm still here.

Dh and I figured out that the cost of a second car pretty much eats up the take home we'd get from a part time job which is about all I could handle health wise.

It isn't worth it.

I'm enjoying life, so is he, this is less stress living, less hurry hurry, and to be honest, me staying home bought us a higher standard of living overall, more life satisfaction you might say than we could ever afford even if I worked full time or he had another part time job.

Not going to happen.

To us, there is nothing to compare with the peaceful happy routine of our lives. No paid vacation to an island paradise once a year could add up enough rest and joy to equal the gentle easy symphony of our life as it is now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Canadian gardener, you said it so very well. I love being at home and our lives are very unrushed and quite stress free.

I have set up our home with a very simplistic and tranquil setting. Life is calm, food is good, the home is peaceful.

Even though I have one university degree and close to a masters in marketing, I have no intention of going back to work outside the home.

I love when ds & I pick up dd at school. We can walk slowly home, talking about her day and then go to a park or the store or hang outside and play or watch a show on tv together. Supper is already cooking, the house is ready for the evening. And I know that dh secretly loves that I chose to stay home.

This is what works for me and my family.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh the dilemma! There's a job right now in my "field." I have 9 years experience and I think I can get this job fairly easily. What to do, what to do! I guess the fact that I haven't applied for it yet should tell me something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast