Got Faith?

Thread: Got Faith?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Got Faith?

I have been staying home and trying to do all I can to keep our budget from going into the red. We have used our savings and the bills are barely paid each month esp. with medical bills from our daughter's surgery. I'm a little overwhelmed right now and could use some encouragement/prayers. I wrestle w/ whether to return to work. I'd pay $700/mon for my 2 girls part time care. I was too embarassed to ask my Mom's group at church Wednesday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am more than happy to lift you up in prayer. Perhaps you could put an annonymous prayer request in your church bulletin so that others can pray for you too.

auntie

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Saying a prayer for you. Hugs!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Prayers for you Dancewduckys. Maybe explore the site a little further and post a query or sample expenses for everyone to give feedback on. The ladies here are great!

Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd be more than happy to pray for you.

Just a thought... I have a bit of a reputation among my friends at church for being very honest. By that, I mean that I'm the person who will say in bible study exactly what others have likely been thinking, but no one wants to admit to. Things like areas of my life I've been struggling with, the fact that the Word doesn't always make me feel all comfy-cozy like the smiling faces of Christianity say it should, etc. I've learned that when I'm honest about something I think or am struggling with, several other women then pipe up to say they think/feel the same way.

In that light, I wouldn't be surprised if you're not the only one in your group who is struggling in this way, but cultural taboos have taught us not to say anything to save face. I would encourage you to be humble (and brave) enough to tell your friends what you're struggling with. Chances are, no one will judge you because they've been in the same place!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Your children are beautiful, and I understand your wanting to stay home with them. My prayers are with you. Are you eligible for any assistance programs? Have you done a budget? Yes, it might help if you post your expenses so we might give you suggestions for further reductions. If you get a tax refund each year, your dh can file with his employer to get this money back during the year. If he is contributing to a 401k can the deductions be reduced for a period of time. After you've done everything you can to reduce your expenses its time to get honest with yourself and your situation. You may need to increase your income. Can you get a job with opposite hours than your husband so you do not have to pay childcare? This could reduce the number of hours you will need to work or free up additional money for your expenses.

Master Dollar Stretcher LastDragonfly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Prayers for you. I believe you will find a way to do what you know you need to do and will have peace and understanding.
    Sometimes our faith "flickers" but will remain intact. My prayers are with you.

The ladies here have broad shoulders when you need to lean, but everyone has fantastic ideas to implement.

Keep the faith.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have always had to work at least part-time, but we never paid for child care. DH and I continue to work opposite shifts. That way one of us is always at home. We have managed to get by with one car also. You may be able to have just as much "take home pay" from a part-time job with no child care expense as you would from a full-time job with paying for child care. I now only work 12 hours a week.