totally stressed out
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob baronmom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default totally stressed out

Dh took a new job this month. We thought it would be the best thing since it was a permanent job with benefits. Well, he got a pay statement for the check that is to be deposited into the bank on the 26th. All I can so is we are so Screwed it is not even funny. There is no way on earth that we are going to be able to pay even our basic bills with this paycheck. He took almost a $1,600 a month pay cut. I am so stressed right now I do not know what I am going to do. I have been trying to pick up some merchandising jobs to make a little extra cash, but now I guess I am going to have to go back to work. All I want to do is sit and cry. One paycheck barely pays for the mortgage. He only gets paid twice a month. So there is absolutely no possible way for me to pay all our bills this month. I honestly don't know what I am going to do. I barely have $1000 in our savings.
    Sorry, just needed to vent a little.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Traci,

Since he just started this job are you sure his pay wasn't cut by a week (you know they always hold the first week)? If his paycheck is right, dont worry I am sure that you will find a way to cut costs and make it.

Hubby's 1 bi-monthly paycheck doesn't even cover our mortgage either and I am always freaking out about how are we gonna pay this or that, but we make it, maybe you can get a part time job or do some babysitting or housekeeping in your area, I posted an ad on craigslist and I got a 5 day housekeeping jo at only 2 hours a day and they are paying me $200, then might also need me tomorrow so that's an extra $40.

Have you calculated how much he gets in a month (take home) and then subtracted your bills from it? I do this and there is only like $200 left from paycheck to paycheck but then there's the car needing gas or we need milk or bread, by the time his next pay comes with all my penny pinching we have $100 or less, which stinks but we make it.

Either way I wish you the best of luck and if you need any help or anything feel free to PM me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow! Are you sure the paycheck is correct? Maybe there was a payroll error--was this the amount he was told when he originally took the job?

If it is correct--hang in there. I'm sure everything will work out. I agree with the post before me--whenever I'm short on money, I will take babysit at home. Another thing (which I've been thinking about doing) instead of babysitting everyday is advertising a parents night out and just babysit on a Friday or Saturday night--pop in a special video for the kiddos and have a pizza party.

Good luck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob baronmom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default It is correct

Yep, it is correct. He had me fax it to him at work to check it. He thought maybe it was an extra check. Nope, that is all he will be getting. I went through all the bills in my head, and there really isn't even enough money to pay the mortgage, electric, phone, car payments and still have money for food, gas, and the other bills that we have. We are paying on our siding, braces, two credit cards, two car payments, propane, electric, cable(we do not get any tv channels any other way), phone, cell phone and god forbid anything else comes up. I know he needs tires for his car in a bad way, but there is no way that we can afford them now. Basically, if you take his two pay checks he is going to be getting, it would only cover the mortgage, both car payments, the electric, and braces. Nothing else. I am just so tired of not having enough to cover things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Baronmom - Are they are things that you can cut back on to cut costs? What about cutting down the phone bill by taking off some features and maybe cutting off the cell phone for a while or possibly goi ng pre-paid for a bit till things start looking up?

DH and I have pre-paid cell phones, we are a gold member so our minutes last us a year so we only refill $10 each time when we have no money left and we only text each other when we need to get a hold of each other, no phone calls. If we need to call, he will use his jobs phone to call home.

I dont know where you shop for food but try Aldi's or Ollies Bargain outlet, I shop there sometimes and find great deals.

I wish you luck I am sure things will look better, remember we are here for you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tracy, I am so sorry that things are so rough right now. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have no advice, but wanted to offer a hug.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Traci, hugs are being sent to you and your family. Since you took a pay cut do you know qualify for any assistance, free lunches, reduced lunches, WIC, heating assistance, or something like that? Could you sell your cars, I see you have 2 car payments, and get a beater car? Could you talk to the company or doctor about your situation and make the braces payment lower? Usually you will take a butt beating on turning in your cell phones, I know that is my case, so I still have to pay it until the contract expires next May.Could you maybe just pay interest on your mortage for a month or two, until you get this all figured out?What is your tax withholdings from his paycheck?? I would change it to the lowest amount being taken out. Sometimes this can make a big difference in take home pays. just some suggestions, do you love your house??? If not consider selling it for something less, that is smaller with smaller household utilities, I would definitely start looking at the areas where you can be extreme about cutting back. What about groceries from the Angelfood Ministries?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry to hear it Tracy. I know it has to be terribly stressful. I'll be thinking of you and Art and hoping that you figure something out quick.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

If it helps to know it, many others have been (or are currently going) through similar situations. Do the best you can at any point in time, try not to kick yourself for any slips you make, try not to kick anyone else for any they make either, and look for lifes simple (often free or cheap) pleasures. Some of my best memories are when each of us got to pick out 1 brachs candy at the grocery store (yep, that's the kind you buy by the pound, and they're individually wrapped in bite pieces) and go to the local park. Recent memories with my son include getting up early, making hot cocoa and taking a walk while drinking it.

Others have made good financial suggestions - I hope you can take care of yourself and your family emotionally through this, and know that you have MANY well-wishers out here!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree with what others have said. I know this is very tough and I am sending good thoughts and (((HUGS))). I know it doesn't seem like anything is going right...but when I am down it always helps me to count my blessings. Hang in there!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I can't really offer any more suggestions than what has already been posted. I just send you positive energies and and hope for the best for your family.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so sorry you're going through this hard time. Sending hugs and saying prayers for your family.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I second changing the tax withholdings. If his pay went down that much per month, you may be in a lower tax bracket now and can lower withholdings. Have him talk to his human resources person.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Naderbug View Post
    I can't really offer any more suggestions than what has already been posted. I just send you positive energies and and hope for the best for your family.
    Take good care Tracy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast