Coupon alternative
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Coupon alternative

Hi Ladies,

Here is my delemia... I moved from SoCal where you could get a Sunday paper and have oooooodles of coupons every week, that usually corresponded with the grocery stores weekly ads and I would save a ton of money. (My best was $226 worth of groceries for only $78. The cashier said that she needed to start couponing too, lol) Now, we've moved to Southern OR, where there are NO coupons in the paper, we rarely get any 'junk mail' with coupons in it, and I'm frustrated. The only coupons that I can find are the occassional one in the store ad. I'm jonesing for a great deal!! LOL

Any ideas? TIA!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for that link. I'm gonna sit down and check it out a little more when I have more time. I've seen some coupon site where you can print the coupons, but.... then I have to pay for printer ink! LOL My printer's black ink is $35 per cartridge! DO you think the grocery store will let me just email them the coupons?! LMBO!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

www.refundsweepers.com
    there are also coupon clipping services....... and we always buy a paper for the nearest large metro area - they have more coupons than my small town does in the inserts......... maybe it would be worth it to look into picking up a larger metro area's newspaper at a gas station or something on Sundays?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If you do decide to print coupons, check to make sure the stores you shop accept them. The stores here don't.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thumbs up

"and we always buy a paper for the nearest large metro area - they have more coupons than my small town does in the inserts......... maybe it would be worth it to look into picking up a larger metro area's newspaper at a gas station or something on Sundays?"

That's a great idea!! We do have a larger paper for the metro area outside of our small town. (I'm not used to living in the sticks...lol) I'm gonna check that out on Sunday! Thanks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfriend View Post
    If you do decide to print coupons, check to make sure the stores you shop accept them. The stores here don't.
    With my luck the stores here won't either! I don't live in a very 'customer service' friendly town... There isn't much competition for the grocery stores.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Try emailing companies about there products and ask for coupons. They usually will send you coupons and better ones than in the paper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I use smartsource.com - we also don't get coupons, our paper only comes out twice a week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I feel your pain. I have the same issue here in the tick woods where I live. I would have to go a long way to score a Savannah paper on Sunday and pay $1.50 for it in order to get coupons. I have thought of checking into some of the online coupon sites, but I just haven't gotten around to doing it. I thought all stores would accept any coupon for products they carry. Think I will call my Piggly Wiggly and see if they will accept them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did you know you can buy coupons off ebay? I've done real well spending $1-$2 and getting 50-150 coupons. I get most of my organics coupons from ebay and from MamboSprouts.com Good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If you decide to get a paper from a nearby town, you can have it mailed so you don't have to make the drive. good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

At the Staples Office Store in my area I can take in my empty printer cartridges (they recycle them) and I get 3.00 back....they take it off the new cartridge I am buying so I usually get a black one for 12.00-15.00...thats for a HP Deskjet F340.