Does anyone else's dh do this?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unhappy Does anyone else's dh do this?

Keep pointing out jobs for you? Everytime he see's one he has to point it out to me. We are doing fine with my not working, but I think he wants me to work. Guess I better find a couple of day care kids to watch!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

On occasion. Too many times and I remind him that household chores will be divided accordingly and a few other things that would change if I go back to work full or part time. He usually shuts up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sometimes, but not much since I've been pregnant. He seems to understand that at this point, childcare would eat up everything I could make and his schedule does not accomodate a lot of flexibility for me. He used to do it all the time and I finally told him I was tired of him making me feel guilty and he seemed to get the point. Running a house and accomodating multiple schedules can be a job in itself. That being said, if a decent opportunity for me to work arose, I would take it give the position we're in now....but we haven't seen one yet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I read this I laughed because once I stop working (looking at the end of this year) my hubby will most likely will "look at all these new jobs" to me and I will more than likely repeat your comment and my dh would have the same reaction as yours.

My dh hates to clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Persimmon Lace View Post
    On occasion. Too many times and I remind him that household chores will be divided accordingly and a few other things that would change if I go back to work full or part time. He usually shuts up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No, not yet. He better not because I like the job I have and if he mentions finding a new one my answer would be, "Ok, my new job will be to stay home and take care of the house, errands, bills, the children, etc." Oh wait, I already do that job, but I don't get to stay home except during the summer months. I enjoy only working 9 months a year and getting holidays off with the boys too!

Julie, good luck with finding a few daycare kids to watch.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Once in a while mine gets on a tangent about me going back to work full-time (I work two days a week), talking as though that will be next month or sooner. The deal is, I plan to only work PT until both kids are in school all day, which will be a few more years, then I'll go back FT. Usually if I remind him about daycare costs and all the running I do now with the kids (DS's physical therapy, doctors, etc) he drops it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My DH would do this all the time, but his motivation was just to get me out of the house and away from the kids for a while, trying to curb the insanity level of his wife! I now have a weekends only job, and it has worked out great for us. No child care expenses, since DH is home on weekends, a little adult time for me, plus a little extra $$.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Mine says something now and again,

and unlike all of you, I dont' have kids, just 100,000 books I'm trying to sell/give away.

We may end up moving sometime in the near future, and that has lit a fire under me I can tell you!

Judi

Registered User Laurie in Bradenton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My ut fortunatly for me he is always joking. He realizes the amount of work I do around the house and with our business and knows thats more than enought. When I'm taking what we joking call "Me" time and doing something I enjoy he'll laugh and say, "You need a job." If you've got time to do that you've got time to work. Then I'll lay in wait til he's doing something he enjoys and throw the same line out him. We both mean it jokingly and could never work for others again we enjoy our buiness too much.

Laurie in Bradenton

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just the opposite in my house...

I would love to have a job soon ..next year i will have no kids at home during the day.

DH thinks I should just relax and enjoy my life and not worry about getting a job.

But I like to work. We met in the middle on this and I will be going back to school in the winter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My house is the reverse. I am always pointing out new opportunities to my DH, who is a wonderful man, but makes squat! He has been with this company for 17+ years and makes less than 25,000 gross. I gently point out other jobs that start at more $$ , but he is happy and does not like change, and now he thinks he is too old to get a new job (50 years young!) I have always been the head breadwinner in our home.

pip
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

He doesn't really point out jobs, but will occasionally mention would I like to work full time? Problem is, he wants to pick the hours that I work, the same hours as he does and that way he doesn't have to deal with the kids or house chores, etc. I am a nurse and even though there are different kinds of nursing jobs, a lot of them are still shifts that are either very early or very late. He isn't supportive of me working the "off" shifts. I resent being told what to do, what job to have, etc. I resent having to "ask permission" to work a certain shift, will he be around with the kids. You can probably tell that this is an issue that has been bugging me! So...I am always looking for a little job that can be in the middle of the day while the rest of the family is at school or work. That would be such a relief to me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes my dh does it too. I also use the "dividing chores" and watching ds reminder. haha

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm at a point in life that working would be okay. Boys are grown, but still at home.

Dh will point out jobs now and then, but when I start to talk about it, he'll say how much he still needs me at home.

There are too many times that he calls and needs me to fax something to him, or wait for a delivery, etc. Just last week I had to go pick him up from work. He carpools with the boys and they couldn't leave yet. He needed them to stay.

I almost had a job last year, but it just didn't feel right, so I'm still home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It used to come up. DH would gently pressure me or make a comment once the girls had grown older. But I have health issues and I think we both realize it is unrealistic now. There would simply be too much stress. Plus, I refuse to put myself in the position I was in when the girls were young - where I did all the housework, cooking, etc, and left the kids at daycare that ate up my check. Even DH saw the ludicrousness of that! I burnt out pretty quick. If i went to work, it would mean more work for DH.

Jean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast