Here again

Thread: Here again

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Here again

I'm back to one income living. I've missed it here.

We finally got moved and all the things done to the house we were planning. Had about a month of not much to do while we scoped out the job thing and took our time. Well, dh went back to work yesterday.

It'll be interesting to see how all of this pans out. New area, new job, and all that. My daughter decided to not wait on college here and go back to Oklahoma and start college in January, so that might put a bit of a strain on the income, I was hoping we had til next August to save up, eek!!

So anyway, we're here, dh's income is less than half of what it was, and I'm not working yet. I have been looking, but the area is saturated in my field and only positions that are open are in the big city in the bad neighborhoods working the opposite shifts that my hubby is working. Uh, that is not why we moved down here. Besides, with the kid leaving *sniff* it'll be just me and him. Wouldn't be much fun for either of us to always come home to an empty house cause the other one is working the other shifts.

The money will be tight for a while, but still not too bad. Since getting rid of every payment we can get by pretty cheaply. I'm getting into my routine again of shopping the sales, stocking up, scouting thrift stores and finding cheap entertainment (did I mention a whole new library, yeah!!). So very glad I learned some frugal tips from here, now I know what it's gonna take for us to be more than okay on one income. But the best part of all is the hubby is working normal hours, Mon-Fri, 10 hours a day, off every weekend, excellent benefits, and NO phone strapped to his hip going off 24/7, woohoo!!!

So, looks like I'll be around more often, you all be forewarned, bwahahahhaaaaa.....
    Last edited by pammy; 11-06-2007 at 05:53 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome back!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great to see you back pammy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So happy for you Pammy & hugs on the dd getting her wings & flying. Lot of good stuff for you ahead, hang on & enjoy the ride.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great job and welcome back! Im sure you've been an inspiration to many others here as well as thought provoking

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey Pammy, welcome back! Nice to see you on here again. Glad you are all settled in and finding the good bargains in your new area.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm glad things are going okay for y'all in your new home, new town, new state, etc. I know it'll be nice for you to have your DH working regular, normal hours.

--Michelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi PammyNice ta see ya back!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pammy,

Girl I know you can do it! You've done so well that I am jealous but again you've worked so hard to be where you are now!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad to see you back!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad you're back, Pammy! Good luck finding just the right job. You've come so far and accomplished much, that will just be the icing on the cake! Glad you are enjoying your new home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the welcome backs.

Been getting into my frugal mode. Re-read the CTWG again. How is it you always learn something new when you read that thing?? But it got me into money-saving mode.

Working on saving up to buy a bike. Took a bag of rolled coins to the bank to cash in, halfway there. There's so many things within a mile of our house that I'd like to bicycle to, save on gas. Even going so far as to plot places I might get a job that I can bike to so as to cut down on job related expenses, thus upping the true income. But no hurry. A part-time job might be better, something to do during the week and still be able to do the money saving things around the house. Exploring the options, ya know.

It's weird down here. Everyone talking about cold and turning on the heat, it got almost 90 today. Can't WAIT to see how the ole electric bill will be now that we aren't running the AC's all the time. For the most part I've been able to keep most of them off save one for a few hours a day in the room I'm in. So far so good. Wonder how this winter will be... hmmm....

Cheers!