A little background
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default A little background

Hi ladies! I thought it might be nice if we gave a little background on our situations..... just to learn a little bit about each other.... I'll go first.... lol

This is the second marriage for both myself & my DH. We met about 8 1/2 yrs ago and have been married for a little over 7 years. I have one son who was 16 at the time (now 25) and DH has a daughter who was 9 at the time (now 16). It's been a roller coaster ride concerning DH's ex and his daughter. I won't go into detail now. My son lived with his dad until he graduated H.S. and and then joined the Navy. DH's daughter has always lived with her mom, except for a year (from June 2005 to June 2006) when she came to live with us. I have alot more to add, but I'll hold off for now

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Let' see. I met my dh when I was 17 and he was 18 in 1986. We dated several years and got married in 1992. We have one son who was born in 1997. We are originally from Brooklyn, NY. Relocated to the Poconos and then moved to Bethlehem in 2001.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Let's see.... This is my 2nd marraige as well, I have 2 boys from my ex who are 17 & 15, I am married now for almost 9 years come May 2nd 2007, We have a daughter together who's 10 (soon to be 11) and he has 4 daughters from his first marraige, who are 22, 20, and twins at 17.

We are financially drained, yes I said it, we're always broke but we always pay our bills on time and do ocassionaly have a night out, we own our own home (mortgage) and own our car (no car payments) and for now we make it and always find a way out of ANY situation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is my second marriage, my dh's first marriage. He's the stepdad, my daughter lives with us full-time. She's 17 and looking to enlist in the military. I am so very, very grateful to find the kind of man that loves my daughter as his own and is an awesome male role model.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for sharing ladies

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This my second. I knew dh when I was 14 and he was almost 22. But he was getting married and then later at 19 I got married. Through the years we saw each other when I came home to visit. I mean if I was out, one way or the other we always seemed to bump in to each other. But anyway I got divorced and moved back to my hometown and found out after about a year that dh was getting a divorce. I went into a video store to rent a game for the boys and he was in there. We got to talking and he kept asking me out. After almost two years I gave in. We've had a allot of struggles with issues that happened in my previous marriage and his. My ex was abusive and I finally left after I woke up in the hospital and realized I couldn't live that way anymore. dh says his ex used to throw things at him and take the kids and leave for california for months at a time.
    To me his kids are my kids and I hate the word step, Usually when were out and if our kids are with us. I introduce them as our kids. His son just feels like my very own. We had a rough start, then one day he calls me out of the blue and we talked for hours. He always calls me and stops by even when his dads not here and he's always joking around with me. The funny thing is he will eat after me. We went to a pumpkin festival and I couldn't finish my turkey leg and he took it and then I had a drink and he drank from it also. I have to laugh sometimes.
    We have four total, 3 boy 27,23 and 19 and one girl who is 22. We have 5 grandkids and one who will be born the day after Thanksgiving. We thought the baby was going to be in december.

I get along with my ex now and dh tries to get along with his, but its kind of hard when she makes demands that we can't be at the same place as her when the grandkids are involved.
    Marrying dh has been good for me. He says I'm his dreamgirl. He loves all the kids like I do, plus we do have different opinions when it comes to them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello Well lets start with I've been married 2 times the first one lasted 10 years. He was verbally abusives. I still married to the second one but we have been seperated for the last 1 1/2. Been married 20 years. to the second one. He liked his drugs and didn't wanted to face the fact that I am really sick. I have 3 doysfrom my first Josh 30, Brandon 28, Eric 24.I have one from my last Zack 21. I also raised my sisters girls from the time they were 3 and 6. Tracy is 26 and Brandy is 23. My son Brandon lives with me. He has custody of his boys Chris and Brandon Jr. Brandon Jr is a special needs child. He has down syndrome. Right now I have 11 grandchildren.
    Fern
    Last edited by fernykins; 10-22-2006 at 02:44 PM. Reason: miss spelt word

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Joined 2day LOL

i'm jessica, 23...engaged, and soon to be stepmom to a 2 1/2 y/o boy, and 5 1/2 y/o girl...i've spent time with the baby, but only talked on the phone with the princess lol...they are both from diff moms, the daughter is in KY, the son in JAX, fl...fiance is about to exit the navy, and we have no idea where we're going next, as we're both applying to police depts across the nation, although we hope for the east coast to be as close to both kids as possible...i've been married 2 times, no kids...yes i'm young lol, but it happens...i'm excited about being an SM, but also scared...as of now, DF says as long as i dont override their mothers, he has no prob me calling them "mine/ours" lol...as i've only been doing it for about 5 months lol.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm 23, DH is 25. He's in the Air Force and we live in England where we are spending our time traveling (no kids yet). For now I'm working to fund our traveling and for a down payment on a house when we return stateside. We have 4 furbabies. We brought Bear and Kitten with us from the states and adopted Mittens and Buttons when we got here.

We're trying to learn to be frugal. Before I always thought that any money in my account was there to spend on whatever I wanted. I'm starting to realize that the little things really do add up. Just reading the forum and everyone's stories inspires me-so keep it up!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is both mine & dh's second marriage. We've been married for 6 years, known each other for about 8. We actually met online! A friend of mine put an ad on one of those online dating things "for me"! LOL He was one of the ones that responded and at first he intrigued me but annoyed me! LOL
    He would send me one liner emails. One question, or a one line answer! It was funny. We finally met in person after a while and here we are. He has two sons by his 1st, ages 9 & 13 and I have two daughters by mine, ages 15 & 18.
    My 18 yr old just recently moved to Florida to finish high school at her dad's.
    The boys mom left them in the middle of the night about 6 1/2 years ago. She just up & left, we got a call from a babysitter. DH has had custody since then. We still haven't heard from her to this day. Well, ds, 13 has on his myspace account!! I don't want to pry, but anyway. The boys call me mom & I think of them and love them as my own. I sign all their stuff for school and whatever and introduce them as my sons, etc. My daughters on the other hand were a bit older so that transition didn't go as well. Plus, their father wasn't completely out of the picture. DD 13 calls dh dad but other dd never did. I guess I'll leave it at that for now! LOL

ama
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh and I have been married for nearly 6 years. I am his 2nd marriage and he is my first. I have a ds from a long-term relationship -- but his father passed away and so I've been a single mom for many years. Its tough learning the line that I'll allow my dh to raise my ds I'll admit! I'm so used to doing it my way even still!

I can honestly say that being a step-mom and learning to deal with his dd and his ex have been trying at times. His ex always seems to be trying to play one game or another but I've since learned to just ignore her. I've never made the mistake of playing into them so that has been a big saving grace. His dd lives 3000 miles away and while it makes me sad that we can't see her more often -- my dh misses her so and I feel we'll never truly be a family -- but of course I'm grateful his ex isn't closer!

Its nice to hear everyone's stories --

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My fiance and I have been together for over three years now. We met back in 2001, when he came to my high school as a foreign exchange student from Germany (yes, he's German!). At the time we were really just acquaintences - he actually dated one of my oldest friends from 2001 until 2003. He left the states in the summer of 2002 and then came back to visit in 2003 in the summer. I had always thought of him as my friend's guy, and therefore never even considered him as a possible match until that summer. Him and my friend had broken up, and although neither one of us meant for it to happen, our relationship changed from friendship to more. Even so.. we agreed that our relationship should stay friends, as he had to go back to Germany and I was going college. But a few weeks later after he'd left, we had been talking daily and decided that we needed to be more than just friends. And as they say, the rest is history!

Aside from my interesting (or not so interesting) relationship story, I am in my fourth year of college and will be graduating in the Spring. My fiance still lives in Germany, but I spent last year living with him while I studied abroad. Germany is a country that I've always loved and studying there was a dream I always had and got to fulfill. Within the next couple of years we plan on bringing him over here and getting married, but for now it has to wait (he's doing an apprenticeship program there). Aside from school I work a job and have an internship at a zoo. After graduation I plan on working as a keeper at zoo...

And that's probably my story. OH, and in case you're wondering. My old friend who is also my fiance's ex-girlfriend is still my friend.

ama
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is my 1st marriage and dh's 2nd. My ds's father died in a car accident and I married dh when ds was 7. We've been together 7 years now and married for just over 5.

My dsd is 12 and lives in California. We see her maybe once a year and talk to her often on the phone. His ex is a trial for sure -- and I'm grateful most days she is so far away.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!